Stage 3's 2019 Ranger Fox 2.0 Stage 1 Package Review!

ac_perks

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I've had this installed for about 4 months now, along with the BDS 3.5" UCA Lift Kit. Improved ride & handling on road, and off road is really impressive. Pics in my garage profile.

Ordered through Jason@Stage3 also - so thanks again Jason for the hookup!
Sponsored

Horadric Cube

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercab xlt fx4
Thanks for the video! I've finally made my decision, Fox it is! Any deals right now?

OP
OP
Jason@Stage3

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
I've had this installed for about 4 months now, along with the BDS 3.5" UCA Lift Kit. Improved ride & handling on road, and off road is really impressive. Pics in my garage profile.

Ordered through Jason@Stage3 also - so thanks again Jason for the hookup!
I'm glad it worked out. Let us know if you need anything else!

Thanks for the video! I've finally made my decision, Fox it is! Any deals right now?
We already have the Fox systems marked down for the month. I'll see if the sales guys can knock a few more bucks off and shoot you a PM.

Horadric Cube

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercab xlt fx4
I'm glad it worked out. Let us know if you need anything else!

We already have the Fox systems marked down for the month. I'll see if the sales guys can knock a few more bucks off and shoot you a PM.
Oh awesome! I hadn't checked in a few days, thank you!

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
Anybody run these with less than 2" of front lift? I don't want to fully level my truck for several reasons so I'm looking at maybe +1". I'm guessing less than the full ride height will be softer, but how much compared to stock?

Edit: I'm keeping stock FX4 wheels and tires

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
What roof rack is that?

I really want this shock setup and appreciate a ride on the softer side so these sound great.

OP
OP
Jason@Stage3

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Anybody run these with less than 2" of front lift? I don't want to fully level my truck for several reasons so I'm looking at maybe +1". I'm guessing less than the full ride height will be softer, but how much compared to stock?
It'll be softer, but not by a ton. It's tough to say, since we threw ours on at their out-of-the-box ride height, and even if we did lower them a smidge, it would still be a qualitative assessment.

Just make sure to use a wall or floor mount spring compressor when you do drop the collars. Ride height is not worth a maiming.

What roof rack is that?
That would be the Rhino Rack Backbone with Pioneer Platform Kit.

Install is...interesting.

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It'll be softer, but not by a ton. It's tough to say, since we threw ours on at their out-of-the-box ride height, and even if we did lower them a smidge, it would still be a qualitative assessment.

Just make sure to use a wall or floor mount spring compressor when you do drop the collars. Ride height is not worth a maiming.
Looks like the ride height adjustment on the Fox 2.0 is via threaded collars, or am I missing something? That way you could raise and lower at will just have to make sure they are the same.

OP
OP
Jason@Stage3

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Looks like the ride height adjustment on the Fox 2.0 is via threaded collars, or am I missing something? That way you could raise and lower at will just have to make sure they are the same.
They do use an adjustment collar. However, that collar is at the bottom of the coilover and is under spring tension. To adjust the coilovers' ride height (either up or down), you need to compress the spring, loosen the collar's retaining screw, and then turn the collar accordingly by hand.

You can see it here at the op of this image:

2019%20ranger%20fox%2020%20ifp%20performance%20series%20front%20adjustable%20coilovers_004.jpg

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They do use an adjustment collar. However, that collar is at the bottom of the coilover and is under spring tension. To adjust the coilovers' ride height (either up or down), you need to compress the spring, loosen the collar's retaining screw, and then turn the collar accordingly by hand.

You can see it here at the op of this image:

2019%20ranger%20fox%2020%20ifp%20performance%20series%20front%20adjustable%20coilovers_004.jpg
Thanks. Looks just like my motorcycles albeit a larger spring. With them you just turn the collar, no need to relieve spring pressure. So do they provide guidance on how to set different ride heights? I know the ratio isn't 1:1 (1" longer/shorter = 1" lift/drop), does anyone know what it is?

OP
OP
Jason@Stage3

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Thanks. Looks just like my motorcycles albeit a larger spring. With them you just turn the collar, no need to relieve spring pressure. So do they provide guidance on how to set different ride heights? I know the ratio isn't 1:1 (1" longer/shorter = 1" lift/drop), does anyone know what it is?
Talked to Fox, and they said that it's roughly a 2:1 ratio between the coilover thread and the ride height of the truck. The coilovers usually come out of the box set at 2.5" of ride height, so to get down to about 1"-ish of height, you'd drop the bottom collar by 3/4" of an inch.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase

Another video on the fox 2.0 install with torque specs. Enjoy

Shermy452

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019 lariat fx4
Hey gentlemen. New to the ranger fam. Have a 2019 fx4 lariat. I got a great deal, and I probably won't be doing as much offroading, as I would daily driving. Was wondering if the fox kit would make for a smoother ride on street driving? I've been noticing a very soft and wavy ride.

OP
OP
Jason@Stage3

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Hey gentlemen. New to the ranger fam. Have a 2019 fx4 lariat. I got a great deal, and I probably won't be doing as much offroading, as I would daily driving. Was wondering if the fox kit would make for a smoother ride on street driving? I've been noticing a very soft and wavy ride.
The Fox 2.0s do a lot to smooth out the ride and calm the rear end down. However, if you’re not going to be off-roading often or very aggressively, you will get nearly the same result on the street from something like the Eibach Pros or Bilstein 5100s (if they land sometime this century) and save some cash for other things.

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my Fox 2.0 kit from Stage3 last weekend and it was fairly easy with the video made by Stage3. Some things to be mindful of are, the CV axles will separate and need to be pushed back in on the spline, was really quick on one side, took me forever to get the other side lined back up and pushed in. If you dont have help like me, i used a jack under the A-Arms to get the brake assembly lined up with the upper control arms, just gotta take your time and make sure nothing is binding. The biggest surprise catch was the little support guide arms (not sure the proper name) popped out of the ball joint on both sides when you make room for the coil by pushing the A-Arms down, so took large channel locks and popped them back in, which was easy and quick, but this could easily be overlooked if your not paying attention. All in all it took me about an hour each side, taking my time, cursing when needed and washing down chips and salsa with purple mountains :like:
Sponsored