Stage 1 Performance Chip Module OBD2 for FORD

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
Anybody running this?
Not looking for big gains. Just a little perkier.
Also if you, are can you still use regular gas?
Stage1.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

FInoob

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
??
I wouldn't touch that thing. Get a programmer and use the can tunes if you don't want to costum tune it.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
As others have said stay away from this!!! If you want better power or even better MPG from a tune pf sorts do it the right way!! Go to a reputable tuner like Ford Performance(big delay at this time) or Livernois(my current choice due to Ford Performance being a long way out) or perhaps 5 Star if others here like thier tunes. I would also suggested you stay away from the JB4 since it is a piggyback unit that essentially lies to the PCM and is another half assed way to tune a vehicle.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I agree with the others. Don't waste your money on that thing. The pre-loaded tunes on devices like the Bully Dog BDX are impressive and allow you to run an 87 octane tune and make an noticeable difference. You can buy the tuner by itself from Amazon or from them directly and run the pre-loaded tunes. Then later on if you want to go for a custom tune like the ones from 5 Star you can buy them separately from them. That's what I did and their tunes are amazing. the differences between those and the pre-loaded are significant. Both the 87 daily/tow and the 93 performance tunes are noticeably different than the stock tune. As for mileage improvements, both the pre-loaded and custom tunes are getting much better mpg than the stock by as much as 6-7 mpg per tank if you keep your foot out of it.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
As for mileage improvements, both the pre-loaded and custom tunes are getting much better mpg than the stock by as much as 6-7 mpg per tank if you keep your foot out of it.
Lol key word "IF"!!!!

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Exactly. The 93 tune makes it very tempting to dip into the turbo a bit more often than you normally would.

One of the reasons I switched to the 87 Daily/Tow. That temptation was just too great for me, and I got the 93 tune for when I am towing something, not for daily driving.
Sponsored