Ford performance tune for 2021

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I paid $640 out the door for the tune through Levittown. Installed it yesterday. I agree that is a lot of money for 1's and 0's but I still believe it is the best bang for the buck mod for our Rangers.
Are you liking the results? I would hate to always have to buy high octane gas.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

eds21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 1968 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Facilities Manager
Are you liking the results? I would hate to always have to buy high octane gas.
So far I have only driven it 11 miles and 9 of those were on the interstate. It does seem much more responsive but I havent had time to actually play around with it yet.
I did some rough math again this morning to see how much more I will be paying for fuel. One big "assumption" that I'm not sure about yet is I did the math with MPG staying the same. So I figured 15,000 miles per year driven at 20MPG and $2.50 (who knows where we will be in a year) for 87 octane comes out to $156 per month for gas. Keeping same miles driven and MPG at $3.05 for 93 octane comes out to $190 per month for gas. So $34 per month more for gas is worth it for me for now.
To add a little perspective, my daily driver 10 years ago was a 2000 F-250 Superduty 4X4 Lariat FX4 SuperCrew Longbed with V-10. Gas was $4.00 per gallon and I had to put my credit card in twice to fill up because the pump cut off at $100. Cost about $140-$150 to fill up and was getting 9 MPG.

Last edited:

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
So far I have only driven it 11 miles and 9 of those were on the interstate. It does seem much more responsive but I havent had time to actually play around with it yet.
I did some rough math again this morning to see how much more I will be paying for fuel. One big "assumption" that I'm not sure about yet is I did the math with MPG staying the same. So I figured 15,000 miles per year driven at 20MPG and $2.50 (who knows where we will be in a year) for 87 octane comes out to $156 per month for gas. Keeping same miles driven and MPG at $3.05 for 93 octane comes out to $190 per month for gas. So $34 per month more for gas is worth it for me for now.
To add a little perspective, my daily driver 10 years ago was a 2000 F-250 Superduty 4X4 Lariat FX4 SuperCrew Longbed with V-10. Gas was $4.00 per gallon and I had to put my credit card in twice to fill up because the pump cut off at $100. Cost about $140-$150 to fill up and was getting 9 MPG.
9 MPG, DANG! I was doing the same kind of math when I was deciding to move from the 2012 Focus to the Ranger. But I also had to take into account that I was also going to sell the F-150, which I seldom drove, so going from 2 vehicles to 1.

eds21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 1968 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Facilities Manager
9 MPG, DANG! I was doing the same kind of math when I was deciding to move from the 2012 Focus to the Ranger. But I also had to take into account that I was also going to sell the F-150, which I seldom drove, so going from 2 vehicles to 1.
Weill I did sell my 2018 F-150 XLT Super Crew 4X4 FX4 and my 2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium with Performance Package (only had 3950 miles after 3 years, so time to go) and went to only one vehicle, my Ranger Tremor. So overall I came out with much lower monthly expenses with only the Ranger.

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase

21_CYBER_TREMOR

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor in Cyber orange
Occupation
Retail management
Rangers are tuned for 87, so putting 93 is costing you unnecessary money for realistically no gains, which can actually effect timing, and afr a bit in a negative way.

So to get the benefit of 93, you'll need this tune.
???Wrong….

onemanlan

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger LTX
Occupation
Reseracher
Its more or less for the warranty bit.

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
Had it for a few weeks, and finally had it tuned, it did have a bit more giddy up on ride home. We will see tomorrow playing around. Thursday new dual exhaust....

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i did the procal tune a few months ago. I think it was about 640 shipped. it was worth it. felt a difference vs. stock in the first 30 miles. the engine seems to react faster to the go pedal and at certain speeds and rpm it really surprised me. but I need to put that in context- i sold a 2020 mustang gt with tuning to get the ranger. i have never owned anything with less than a 3.0 v6 until now. i am very used to cars with guts. so when the little 4 in the ranger got tuned it was like it changed from "adequate" to enjoyable. shifting is better with less gear hunting and the gas mileage actually went up a bit. if I behave 24 mpg on long highway runs. thats not bad considering all the extra stuff i take with me. when considering other options to upgrade the engine based on price and simplicity you cannot beat it. one could spend a stack of cash on intakes, exhaust systems fuel delivery etc. and would be tough to get the gains of the simple tune that is ready to go in less than an hour including opening the box, downloading etc. toss in that it does not screw your warranty and is ford approved it is tough not to like. I wish it did some of the forscan stuff though...

bgtruck

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2015 Cadillac cts vsport
Occupation
Yes
Installed mine today on my 2021 Tremor. So far so good. It’s peppy off the line and feels like it pulls harder up top. Did a couple of 0 to whatever full throttle runs and it’ll scoot. So far so good. Now if I can find some good displays to see in the guages???
Sponsored