First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
For a couple years I have driven a handed down 2013 Ford Edge SEL. It was a great SUV that accommodated sports and a growing family. When we outgrew it with our 3rd kid, my wife upgraded from the Edge to a 2019 Ford Flex, which is when I took prideful ownership. But it's been used and abused physically (it had no front bumper). Due to great prices and amazing discounts due to COVID-19, we decided it was time to say goodbye and traded it in for this beauty. It's been almost a decade since I've owned a truck and I'll never go back again!

2020 Ford Ranger XLT w/ tow package
Not really sure what direction I want to go with this truck yet. It's getting a spray-in bed liner and limo tint now. General direction is a 2-3" lift kit with running boards, eventually swapping out the lights all around. I'm also interested in making some changes to the exhaust system including muffler and tip. This is a learning process for me.

All suggestions are absolutely welcomed!
Ranger.jpg
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
For a couple years I have driven a handed down 2013 Ford Edge SEL. It was a great SUV that accommodated sports and a growing family. When we outgrew it with our 3rd kid, my wife upgraded from the Edge to a 2019 Ford Flex, which is when I took prideful ownership. But it's been used and abused physically (it had no front bumper). Due to great prices and amazing discounts due to COVID-19, we decided it was time to say goodbye and traded it in for this beauty. It's been almost a decade since I've owned a truck and I'll never go back again!

2020 Ford Ranger XLT w/ tow package
Not really sure what direction I want to go with this truck yet. It's getting a spray-in bed liner and limo tint now. General direction is a 2-3" lift kit with running boards, eventually swapping out the lights all around. I'm also interested in making some changes to the exhaust system including muffler and tip. This is a learning process for me.

All suggestions are absolutely welcomed!
Ranger.jpg
Beautiful children! Oh yeah, great-looking Ranger too! :like:

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
I had planned my build a few months before I bought our new Ranger.
I'm starting with a Leer 100R shell with Thule roof racks, Rough Country bed mat, Wolf Haus 12v quick connect bed power supply, old school carpet kit with quad beer holders & double usb charging ports, black grill & tailgate letters, tailgate damper, console vault, weathertech mats (front only).
I may upgrade the exhaust to the factory magnaflow dual outlet but my wife is clamping down on my rate of spending.
Good luck with your build, looking forward to seeing what you do.

OP
OP
Station18Ranger

Station18Ranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
After driving around the fishbowl for a week, I finally got her blacked out. The 4 side windows and back at limo 5% (as dark as I could get). Haven't done anything to the windshield yet...still trying to decide if I want to or not.
Window Tint installer.jpg
Passenger front 2 doors open.jpg
Driver front angle.jpg
Drive rear angle.jpg

Passenger rear angle.jpg

Passenger rear angle.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Station18Ranger

Station18Ranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I also had spray-in bed liner installed. The final product looks so clean and crisp. The black in the bed looks so much nicer and gives the appearance of a more finished product than the painted white. Very very happy with the end result (and so is the wife:clap::thumbsup:)!

Bed liner brand tag.jpg
Bed liner.jpg
Full bed liner.jpg

OP
OP
Station18Ranger

Station18Ranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I totally forgot to mention the awesome dashcam I installed. Bought off Amazon for $50. Automatically turns on when I turn my car on. Easily read all license plates of cars in front of me. Very simple to get movies off SD card. Extremely happy with the product!

APEMAN C450
1080p resolution...extremely clear video
3" screen
170 degrees of view
Built in G sensor that automatically turns on camera or detects collisions

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DLG9GFG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dashcam.jpg

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Congratulations, that's a nice looking truck. Cute kids too.

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
I totally forgot to mention the awesome dashcam I installed. Bought off Amazon for $50. Automatically turns on when I turn my car on. Easily read all license plates of cars in front of me. Very simple to get movies off SD card. Extremely happy with the product!

APEMAN C450
1080p resolution...extremely clear video
3" screen
170 degrees of view
Built in G sensor that automatically turns on camera or detects collisions

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DLG9GFG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dashcam.jpg
I have one too, great tool, recorded our 3200mi trip from San Diego to Flathead Lake, MT and back. Went through 3 SD cards ?

OP
OP
Station18Ranger

Station18Ranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I picked up these GoRhino Dominator D2 side steps this week from @dannewps . I was very happy to take them off his hands for an extremely great price. Finally got around to installing them today and I L.O.V.E. the way they look. They will look even better when I get my coil over lift installed. This is one more small step for the project, one giant step for Ranger! Every little bit of progress toward the end goal makes me more and more happy to have started this journey!
Side Steps Passenger 4.2.2020.JPG

Side Steps 4.2.2020.JPG

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I picked up these GoRhino Dominator D2 side steps this week from @dannewps . I was very happy to take them off his hands for an extremely great price. Finally got around to installing them today and I L.O.V.E. the way they look. They will look even better when I get my coil over lift installed. This is one more small step for the project, one giant step for Ranger! Every little bit of progress toward the end goal makes me more and more happy to have started this journey!
Side Steps Passenger 4.2.2020.JPG

Side Steps 4.2.2020.JPG
They look amazing! I couldn't have asked for a more seamless and nice transaction. Great person!

OP
OP
Station18Ranger

Station18Ranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
So I did a thing...yesterday! Got some new mini projects in the mail thanks to Amazon.

**Carbon Fiber Pattern Vinyl Reflective Door Sill Scuff Plates**
The front ones are longer than back, but they went on easy. Thoroughly cleaned the door sill with some all purpose cleaner and a microfiber towel. My amazing wife (@authenticallyfearless on IG) used her artistic perfectionism to apply these evenly and centered. They look awesome and add a classy and clean touch! Made by SENYAZON $20

**Rubber Inserts for Cup Holders, Door Pockets, and Consoles**
Custom precut for the specific car, includes both front and back passenger and driver doors, front tray(by USB ports), middle cup holders, center console, and cup holders for rear seat fold down. Several color choices. Made by CupHolderHero $21.95
IMG_1395.jpg
IMG_2454.jpg
IMG_1396.jpg
IMG_2447.jpg
IMG_2451.jpg
IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

OP
OP
Station18Ranger

Station18Ranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Recent mini projects:

1)Yesterday's installation of the my tailgate dampener. Ordered through the dealer, paid for with FordPass points. Installed in 10-15 minutes. Works like a charm. It was really just a personal preference because I hate the slamming of the tailgate when it free falls.

2) Last weekend (April 24-26), I built and installed my bike mount for the bed. I did this for several reasons. First, I did not want to pay the $250+ for comparable products made by Yakima and Thule. Second, those products mount to the side bed rails, providing an obstacle when I want to get a tonneau cover. I wanted my bikes to sit down inside the bed where they would be a little more out of the wind stream over the cab. Lastly, I was bored because covid-19 sucks! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

I will make and ship these anywhere in the States.
For locking bike mounts (as seen in the picture): $150 for one mount, $175 for two mounts
For non-locking mounts: $130 for one mount, $150 for two mounts

Bed Bike Rack Top.jpg
Bed Bike Rack Side.jpg
Bed Bike Rack Mount.jpg
Tailgate Dampener.jpg
Sponsored