Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I figure I'll start a build thread so I can keep everything I do in one location for reference.

2020 Supercab STX FX4 purchased 12/23/20

The first thing I did was have the truck ceramic coated with CQUARTZ and had PPF applied to the hood and front facia under the headlights.

This isn't the best picture but it's the one sent by my installer and I haven't taken an newer ones with it clean.

IMG_1050.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Espo78

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
After that I installed Rokbloks mud flaps to keep rocks off of the super thin paint.

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1071.JPG

OP
OP
Espo78

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Currently on order:

Wet Okole seat covers

Leer 100XR topper

I have a list of items to come as well. I'm about to make my first payment on the truck, I don't think I've ever spent money so fast before!

OP
OP
Espo78

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Went ahead and ordered a Bedrug last night as well. Should I go ahead and install it or do it after the topper so I can check for leaks and stuff? I'm thinking I should wait.

OP
OP
Espo78

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
The build just got interesting. I ordered a Topper EZ lift tonight. One of my major goals with this setup is that I don't want to look like I'm on an expedition everyday when I drive to work. This setup will work great for weekend excursions or more while still giving me a stockish appearance during daily use.

OP
OP
Espo78

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I got my Wet Okole seat covers in yesterday. Took a little longer than I expected but there were some initial delays with receiving sample colors in the mail. The install wasn't the easiest but it was doable with minor cursing under my breath and one broken fingernail. Those clips underneath can be hard to clip to something. Overall the fit is great but there is some puffyness that I hope settles down on the seat backs. They don't hug the center of the seats but fit very nicely around the outsides. I'll update as time goes on. The centers are red but the sun was very bright so it might look orangish.

There should be some good updates in the next week or so. All of the parts I've been ordering are starting to come in. I have a tentative appointment to get my Leer topper installed on Wednesday if I can manage to sneak out of work early. Fingers crossed.

IMG_1226.JPG

IMG_1227.JPG

OP
OP
Espo78

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I started a youtube channel with my wife and we will be chronicling our build of the truck and our camping adventures eventually. Here are the first videos showing the seat covers and the newest mod which is the Wolf Haus offroad bed power plug.

OP
OP
Espo78

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Well somehow I forgot to update this thread. I got my Leer 100 XR installed back on March 10. Very happy with it so far, but it's not as watertight as I expected it to be. Need to work on that a little more. I also installed the Bed Rug. A bunch of photos are missing from my cloud for some reason so this pic will have to do until I can figure that out.

IMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1251.JPG

OP
OP
Espo78

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I got this tailgate seal off of amazon and it seems to be doing a good job so far, but there is definitely a gap between the tailgate and the topper where everything meets up that lets water in. Need to give it some more attention soon. (sorry about my feet)

IMG_1265.JPG

OP
OP
Espo78

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Another mod I did recently is the Built Right dash mount and a Ram Mounts phone holder. It's a great solution for putting my phone in the perfect spot. I can also eventually mount a go pro there or maybe a tablet mount. I also routed a USB cable up under the dash and out of the steering column so I can plug my phone in without wires going everywhere.

IMG_1307.JPG

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Well somehow I forgot to update this thread. I got my Leer 100 XR installed back on March 10. Very happy with it so far, but it's not as watertight as I expected it to be. Need to work on that a little more. I also installed the Bed Rug. A bunch of photos are missing from my cloud for some reason so this pic will have to do until I can figure that out.
I see track mounts on that canopy - RTT coming soon?

ranger-rick-roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Looks really good so far. Interested to see if you got the topper ezlift installed? Such an interesting product!

OP
OP
Espo78

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Looks really good so far. Interested to see if you got the topper ezlift installed? Such an interesting product!
Funny you should ask. I've been working on it and just finished up the install today. Have a few little things to do like clean up some wiring and stuff but its done and functional. Pics eventually lol

OP
OP
Espo78

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I see track mounts on that canopy - RTT coming soon?
no RTT I got the tracks so I can put a rack up there, haul my kayaks maybe or add an awning. Not really sure yet but it seemed worth the extra $100 or so it cost to add them.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
no RTT I got the tracks so I can put a rack up there, haul my kayaks maybe or add an awning. Not really sure yet but it seemed worth the extra $100 or so it cost to add them.
Now that’s thinking ahead - nice!
Sponsored