First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
If you plan on keeping the vehicle beyond the 3/36 factory coverage, I recommend getting at least the electronics coverage. The full Ford ESP warranty is transferable and refundable (pro rated) if you trade or sell the vehicle.
I'm retired, and my Ranger is going to be my 20 year truck. I bought an Allstate 10 year, 150,000mi Premiere Care (bumper to bumper) Warranty from the dealer the day I picked it up. It covers everything the Ford ESP warranty does, and it is honored everywhere, not just Ford/Lincoln dealers. It also includes towing, conditional lodging & loaner coverage.
We travel more now that we're both retired, and $100 deductible is much easier to pay than the whole bill. These days, $100 is only 30-45minutes labor! The cost of even a moderately serious repair, water pump, alternator, electronics can run a thousand dollars or more and will only go up going forward.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Desert Sage

Desert Sage

First Name
Lowell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew
Occupation
Educator
You brought up some good points- I never looked into an Allstate warranty.
Initially, the Ford ESP was confusing because no matter how many years you select for your warranty, the ESP always begins on the date of the original vehicle purchase. So once you max out your 3 years on your vehicle, adding a six year ESP warranty is really only good for an additional 3 years.
It was also mentioned the warranty covers the alternator and the water pump- wouldn't these be "wear and tear" items?
So far, I've only heard of coverage denied for a "tune," or other poorly installed add ons; or coverage denied because of a suggested maintenance schedules wasn't followed; and lastly, tranny coverage denied due to improper steps taken before flat towing.
Has anybody heard of any other denials?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
You brought up some good points- I never looked into an Allstate warranty.
Initially, the Ford ESP was confusing because no matter how many years you select for your warranty, the ESP always begins on the date of the original vehicle purchase. So once you max out your 3 years on your vehicle, adding a six year ESP warranty is really only good for an additional 3 years.
It was also mentioned the warranty covers the alternator and the water pump- wouldn't these be "wear and tear" items?
So far, I've only heard of coverage denied for a "tune," or other poorly installed add ons; or coverage denied because of a suggested maintenance schedules wasn't followed; and lastly, tranny coverage denied due to improper steps taken before flat towing.
Has anybody heard of any other denials?
Wear & tear items are those that begin with "Change" or "Replace" in the maintenance schedule; brake pads, but not brake calipers for instance.

Just to clarify, Allstate's coverages also begin at the vehicle's in service date, 5/5/21 in my case. The contract clearly states that my 10/150 coverage expires on 5/5/31 or at 150,000 miles whichever comes first.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I always think I should, my wife always thinks we shouldn't.
32 years of buying new cars and have never needed it. Of course I'll end up needing it for my Ranger.
Sponsored