gbritt89

First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased my truck October of 2019 and am wondering if ford raise the price brackets for the high mileage/long term plans (150k mile/6-7 year) at certain times or mileages or do they stay the same long term while you are eligible to extend? I am at almost 17 thousand miles and am holding out on deciding. I haven't seen any change the few times I have generated the quotes from flood ford and anderson and koch factoring in increasing mileage and months having gone by...

I havent had it on my 2 previous fords. Ran a manual Focus to close to 140k miles and drove it like ricky bobby until I kaboomed the clutch on the evening of a holiday weekend and was forced into my Escape which I had for 80k miles without an issue. But the ranger is a lot more complex of a platform. Read a lot of horror stories of engine issues and some other drivetrain component failures but knock on wood have not had any kind of issue or failure yet. I plan on keeping the truck easily to 150-200k. Still get the "ranger smile" every time I take it out.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
I personally went for the extended premium to 100k or 7 years. I will be done with that before my trucks paid of with the miles I currently drive. But I know my truck is covered for the most part as I plan on keeping this truck as long as possible. Hopefully after the warranty is up they still will offer something lol I doubt it but we will see.