First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 4D and 2023 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
I had a Ram 1500 that wouldn't fit in the garage of the new house I bought in 2019. At the time, the Chevy Colorado was a distant second to the 2019 Ranger I bought (Tacoma too expensive, Nissan too old). If the hybrid Maverick had been an option then, I would have looked pretty long and hard at it. Might be on a Maverick forum now instead.

Today ($5 gas), if I were to choose between the Ranger (2 years with the Ranger) and Maverick, I'd probably get a Maverick. In 2019, coming off a full size and concerned about losing towing and hauling ability, I probably would have nixed the Maverick.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Old Red Replacement

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL 4x4
Occupation
Retired OTR Diver/Maintenance Mechanic
It was the Ranger vs an F-150, 2 WD, supercab work truck with the 2.7. Both have same tow rating and they found ( 1/21) me a 2020 Ranger Xl, 4wd, tow package, locker, and Running boards, went to other side of Fl to get it
and gave me 3.5K for my 98 Ranger.

395090F3-D343-4B06-ABEF-F59689813AF5.jpeg

DyingEmber

Banned
Banned
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Proud and loud
I were finna get nother GMC, ain't liking it ... People at my work be telling me it no good ... Soo scoot scoot not

DyingEmber

Banned
Banned
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Proud and loud
It was the Ranger vs an F-150, 2 WD, supercab work truck with the 2.7. Both have same tow rating and they found ( 1/21) me a 2020 Ranger Xl, 4wd, tow package, locker, and Running boards, went to other side of Fl to get it
and gave me 3.5K for my 98 Ranger.

395090F3-D343-4B06-ABEF-F59689813AF5.jpeg
That bad

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
For me it was,
1st choice - White Ranger
2nd choice - Blue Ranger
3rd choice - Sabre Ranger
4th choice - Red Ranger.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
I had my eye on a 2020 2wd F150 STX. It had a 2.7 EB and got similar MPG to my Ranger. The deciding factor ended up being price. I had to draw a line somewhere and $3000 more dollars was a bit too much.
I still look at these trucks in envy. I honestly prefer the look of the F150. No regrets just saying.

86987301da7b7a4accad4f223133a415.jpg

503197-1-2018-f-150-ford-belltech-lowered-3f-5r-velgen-vft6-machined-black.png

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
For me it was,
1st choice - White Ranger
2nd choice - Blue Ranger
3rd choice - Sabre Ranger
4th choice - Red Ranger.
Same here... it was just looking at different color Rangers. We had bought my (soon to be) ex wife a new 2020 Ranger and I loved it. So, when it was time for me to trade my Grand Caravan, a Ranger was all I was looking for.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Corvette of course. Bang for the buck you can't beat a Vette. That would however be two Rangers for the price of one Corvette. Although a Shelby Mustang would be sweet too. I can dream can't I?

Pinski66

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I saw the ranger at an auto show when they first came out. I was just starting to think about a new car. I was impressed with the towing, payload, interior comfort, and economy. At the time i was considering escape and equinox. I ended up buying a ranger in 2021.

Chris98SP

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Veteran/Student
Initially thought I was going to go for a 2022 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X but upon driving it, I discovered that I had a particular gripe with the size/placement of the rear view mirror to be obstructive to a degree that was enough to make me lose interest in the truck (personal preference). After reconsidering the rest of the midsize trucks, I quickly fell for a Lariat Tremor and ordered one. Test drove a Z71 Colorado and didn’t care for the interior or the feel of the engine.

CP0861

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
I owned an F150 Supercrew Lariat for 20+ years and also drive a 2005 Honda Pilot....and have a daughter turning 16 soon. She's gonna get the pilot and I'm gonna drive the ranger.

After having a full size truck, I knew i didnt need one and wanted to save $10k. So I started out looking at Tacomas....but local dealer wanted $5k over msrp. Also, I drove a few, and was stunned how sluggish they felt for a 6cyl. I wanted to like them but couldn't make myself.

Drove the Ranger (I also had an 87 ranger as my first car in the mid-90s) and loved it. For the price and mpg and utility, it's going to be a perfect vehicle for me.

I will say.....my Pilot is a beast. The Ridgelines are just too fing ugly for me to consider and I wanted more towing capacity. But the 6cylinder in my pilot puts the Toyota motor to shame. If I had a longer drive to work, I would've considered a Ridgeline. Hondas and Acuras are pure joy to drive. The Pilot and MDX (ex wife kept it in my divorce!) are phenomenal vehicles. I've never driven one, but I have zero doubt the Ridgeline is the best driving and has the best feel of all of them....and probably the best mpg. My ex's 2014 MDX with the 6cyl vcm would routinely get 24-26 mpg...and more on longer trips. And drove like a sports car.....Honda engineering dropped the ball on the Ridgeline. I understand wanting to use the Pilot platform, but still......the Ridgeline is a horrible looking truck and now they have a reputation for being ugly car trucks. If Honda packaged their drive train in an even remotely decent looking "truck"....we'd all be driving it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Kino

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat, '21 BS BL, '18 GC, '74 Ghia
Occupation
Chair Warmer
I considered an F-150, but a $65k truck without a diesel was absurd.
That's true. Luckily, I bought my '21 F-150 before all the crazy price increases, starting with the one in late 2020. The same build on my Lariat would be $13K+ today (less options now and Guard is no longer available)!
Sponsored