Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 Wrangler, 2017 Escape
Occupation
Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Came across an issue with the middle seat belt buckle receiver in the rear that no matter how I insert the seat belt buckle, it will not stay in, and gets ejected like someone pressed the release button. The dash seat belt reminder functions as if the seat belt buckle has been ejected, but nothing will hold the buckle in.

Have an appointment at the dealer on Monday to have them check it out. Will update further as the solution is found.
Sponsored

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I had the same issue on our test drive which I took my youngest along with us on. He could not get the buckle to click in the middle. He had to end up using the side seat (which cheesed him off because he couldn't see what was going on up front lol)

Turns out that he was trying to buckle it into the incorrect clasp. The middle buckle is a different size then the sides. Make sure all three buckles are showing through the seat cushions (one of ours was pushed behind the seat) and make sure you are buckling it into the correct clasp.

OP
OP
WxNerd2015

WxNerd2015

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I had the same issue on our test drive which I took my youngest along with us on. He could not get the buckle to click in the middle. He had to end up using the side seat (which cheesed him off because he couldn't see what was going on up front lol)

Turns out that he was trying to buckle it into the incorrect clasp. The middle buckle is a different size then the sides. Make sure all three buckles are showing through the seat cushions (one of ours was pushed behind the seat) and make sure you are buckling it into the correct clasp.
Very interesting! Didn't know that they were different sizes! Good point to make, and thanks for the input! I did verify that all three were through. I believe that they were being buckled into the correct buckle, but knowing this now, I am not sure! Dropped off at the dealer today to fix the fuel door anyways, and the service department did agree that it seemed to not buckle properly and was broken. So I will see what the tech comes back and says and see what they end up doing in the end here! Maybe it is just user error?

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I can confirm that mine is the same. The two clasps on the passenger side had twisted and the middle clasp was on the outside. I tried to clip my kiddo in and found that the middle class is indeed different so you have to mate the correct belt to the clasp.

OP
OP
WxNerd2015

WxNerd2015

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This issue has been fixed now, and just wanted to update on what information I got. Just like @HoosierT, my buckle was installed improperly from the factory, so the dealer properly installed it. I believe it was also twisted! Interesting to note though, as @Anthony mentioned above, the middle buckle is actually different, and basically "keyed" to only go into it's proper receiver. Probably something to do with how the buckled/not buckled information is reported to the dash, to make sure everyone is buckled properly! Anyways though, all is good here, and here's a shot of the different buckles (the one on the left is the middle seat belt and the right is an outside seat belt):

20190325_184026.jpg

RJK619

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat

Just had this very same issue

sammie616

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Mine is the rear passenger side, it works once in a while but then it won't. I took it to our local dealership but of course it worked, this morning it didn't work again went straight to the dealership and it worked just fine. I have had it less than a year and they said a technician has to see it, in person, not working properly for it to be fixed. Anybody have any suggestions? (It acts like when you try to buckle it to the middle one and it doesn't fit.)
Sponsored