SE Texas

VESH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FX4
Definitely curious as well.
The Cheeseburger loop is alright, although more of a dirt road than a “trail”. The section within SHNF is the best.

Im keen to learn about other options though
Sponsored

Dick Richie

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Added #15 on front windows, #5 strip on windshield and rear glass. Did an early oil change today with Dexos approved 5w/30 fully synth. Mobil 1 extended perf oil filter. Degreased and cleaned engine bay before detailing the truck this morning. I let the dealer do the first oil change at 9000 miles. it was free, so why not? I'm going to stay fully synthetic and go around 7000 miles intervals. This was my second full synthetic oil change at an earlier than recommend interval. Cheap piece of mind. Moved League City couple weeks ago.

fullsizeoutput_ea0.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_e9e.jpeg

IMG_2171.JPG

fullsizeoutput_bfe.jpeg

FirstRanger011

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD FX4
Hey all,

Hit a small portion of the Cheeseburger loop this past weekend when I was up at Lake Conroe. I enjoyed it! Didn't have the time to do the whole thing, but it was fun finally getting my Ranger off paved roads and getting it a little muddy!

FirstRanger011

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to get Bilstein 5100s on all corners soon and then get them installed at a shop. Anyone have and recommendations on a good shop to do this, + and alignment in/around Houston?

Also, keep seeing a blue ranger sport in the heights area. Saw it at a Kroger this past week. Is that any of you?

MTBranger

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4, 1994 Miata K-swap
Occupation
Design Engineer/ Racecars
Anyone local (i'm in austin but can travel some) interested in my stock crewcab running boards or stock black trim package wheels and tires? Taking running boards off soon and new wheels will be here in March and will part with the stocks then.

daveh

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure why I never saw this section of the sight before. I bought mine last April. I wanted anything other than black, white, or silver. There were only 3 in the Houston area that weren't one of those three! I got the Rapid Red Metallic D4 and I couldn't be happier. It is such a compelling color, and I heard it was the fastest too!

Anyways, I am down in Sugar Land.

IMG_20201204_140605.jpg

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Had enough of Austin and moved to the Conroe area last summer after 2 years searching for a decent home at a reasonable price. I'm lovin' east Texas, especially all the pine trees!

Last edited:

FirstRanger011

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I figured I would post this here first just in case. I recently replaced my rear shocks with the Bilsteins.

Any one interested in purchasing some FX4 rear shocks in the Houston area? Replaced around 5k miles so slightly used. Willing to hear any offer as they have been sitting doing nothing for the last month. Let me know!

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I figured I would post this here first just in case. I recently replaced my rear shocks with the Bilsteins.

Any one interested in purchasing some FX4 rear shocks in the Houston area? Replaced around 5k miles so slightly used. Willing to hear any offer as they have been sitting doing nothing for the last month. Let me know!
You might try posting this in the Member Marketplace if you haven't already https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/forums/member-marketplace.23/

First Name
AB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4; 2014 Infiniti Q50
Hey all,

Hit a small portion of the Cheeseburger loop this past weekend when I was up at Lake Conroe. I enjoyed it! Didn't have the time to do the whole thing, but it was fun finally getting my Ranger off paved roads and getting it a little muddy!
I’m pretty sure a bridge is out on the northwest side of the loop.

search on Houston Overland’s Facebook page fir the details.

funkymonk_gyatso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Looking to get Bilstein 5100s on all corners soon and then get them installed at a shop. Anyone have and recommendations on a good shop to do this, + and alignment in/around Houston?

Also, keep seeing a blue ranger sport in the heights area. Saw it at a Kroger this past week. Is that any of you?
Hey Everybody! Just trying to piggy back off this message from a while back- anybody have a good shop they recommend for this kind of work? Also in the greater houston area. Debating about putting the 5100s on the rear myself and I'm between the RC 2.5" level and 5100 struts on the front. My dealer quoted me $500+ just for labor on the bilsteins and I'm not sure I can stomach that. Happy to travel if it means better pricing/care.

More generally- shops for regular scheduled maintenance? Just looking for a place that does thorough work for multi-point inspections and the like. Haven't had great experiences in the limited time I've lived here so just trying to gauge all opinions! Thanks y'all.

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
Hey Everybody! Just trying to piggy back off this message from a while back- anybody have a good shop they recommend for this kind of work? Also in the greater houston area. Debating about putting the 5100s on the rear myself and I'm between the RC 2.5" level and 5100 struts on the front. My dealer quoted me $500+ just for labor on the bilsteins and I'm not sure I can stomach that. Happy to travel if it means better pricing/care.

More generally- shops for regular scheduled maintenance? Just looking for a place that does thorough work for multi-point inspections and the like. Haven't had great experiences in the limited time I've lived here so just trying to gauge all opinions! Thanks y'all.
I'm not sure if you have the rear Bilstein's yet but I have a pair with 300 miles on them i could sell you cheaper than you can buy them. I put them on my 2WD Ranger then I traded the truck in the next week for the FX4. I like the FX4 suspension and don't plan on putting the bilsteins back on. I'm in Houston.

FirstRanger011

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ended up doing some research today and believe I found a pretty good shop in the Houston area. Incredible reviews and looks like they mostly specialize in lifts/levels/tires/rims for trucks. Looks like their guy Roy really knows his stuff and will actually help and explain everything to you. Apparently decent prices as well. Definitely will be going here to get my level installed once I order it, as well as my tires unless I go discount tire.

Street Performance & Offroad

Facebook which includes pictures of their work: https://www.facebook.com/TxOffroad/

Actual site: https://streetperformance.business.site/

VESH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FX4
I ended up doing some research today and believe I found a pretty good shop in the Houston area. Incredible reviews and looks like they mostly specialize in lifts/levels/tires/rims for trucks. Looks like their guy Roy really knows his stuff and will actually help and explain everything to you. Apparently decent prices as well. Definitely will be going here to get my level installed once I order it, as well as my tires unless I go discount tire.

Street Performance & Offroad

Facebook which includes pictures of their work: https://www.facebook.com/TxOffroad/

Actual site: https://streetperformance.business.site/
Did you end up getting these guys to put your front 5100s on? I also did the rears myself but the fronts are outside my comfort zone
Sponsored

Last edited: