San Diego area off-road trips

XL_Ranger_Danger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL Ranger, (Previously 1976 Series III 109)
Occupation
Project Manager
Been looking forward to this weekend since I found out about this trip. This will be my Rangers first desert run as she still has less than 2,500 miles on her. Will be bringing my dog as well. She’s a dachshund. Looking forward to meeting everyone ??
Hey Garry, can you show a pic of your pup? I'm a sucker for wiener dogs
Sponsored

Sgt_Gr8Haus

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Hey Garry, can you show a pic of your pup? I'm a sucker for wiener dogs
Well, I actually have 3. Mom and 2 of her pups. She’ll be the one who comes with. Moms on the right in the group shot. Her with my buddy who’s coming out with. The boys in the pool. And all 3 chillin in the couch.
723FB01C-EB06-48A9-81D0-08633E5D97A4.jpeg
F16A1A1C-19FD-4586-BDFB-5635E7635F79.jpeg
4FD1B91E-8075-41B0-A2B1-9BDB4F168E79.jpeg
F6FD18C7-216F-43BB-92B4-BC9297072A94.jpeg

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Just wondering official headcount of how many of us will be out there? I plan to arrive 8-9pm at the campsite Friday night. @madchassey @Sardog @BladeRanger I know Bladimir said he was going, just pinging in case others missed replies in the thread.

Sgt_Gr8Haus

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Just wondering official headcount of how many of us will be out there? I plan to arrive 8-9pm at the campsite Friday night. @madchassey @Sardog @BladeRanger I know Bladimir said he was going, just pinging in case others missed replies in the thread.
I’ll be there. Bringing my buddy and my dog with me.

XL_Ranger_Danger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
I have one other Ranger guy "Gary" coming in the afternoon with a 2002 Red Ranger from the Expedition Portal forum, so I think that brings us to around 7 trucks.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
My other ranger buddy is a maybe currently since he had a guy quit at work but he's busting his butt to try and make it by saturday morning. The widebody taco has work in the morning but will come hang around and chat on Friday night. I have a camper shell taco coming for the night stay but he is unsure on riding on trails with us in the morning. So potentially around 7, but more than likely 5ish so far if Bladimir is coming along like he said.

XL_Ranger_Danger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Real quick, I'm not sure how familiar the folks in this group are; but Anza Borrego State park has two unique fire requirements:

1. A campfire Permit is required (no cost, just takes 5 min of time with easy quiz), PDF copy will suffice.
I have a valid permit, but just for awareness; (here is the link)

2. All fires in Anza Borrego must have a metal container with a bottom.

I have a fire pit that satisfies this requirement, but for others who want to have their own, a super cheap option is a metal trash can lid. The rationale behind this "rule" is to prevent additional ash scars on the desert floor to help preserve the desert ecosystem.

Here's a thread from Expo-Portal on other ideas for cheap fire pits.

Since we'll be camping near an established campground with several trucks, we'll likely get a visit from the Ranger to check in on us and say hello.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys,
I caught the infamous Covid during the Christmas and New Year break even though it's been over 10 days I'm not 100%. I'm not contagious anymore according to my doctor and CDC, I don't think I can camp yet, but if I join you guys it might be just on the trail Saturday depends on health. Keep me posted to which trail are you hitting saturday.

XL_Ranger_Danger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Hi Guys,
I caught the infamous Covid during the Christmas and New Year break even though it's been over 10 days I'm not 100%. I'm not contagious anymore according to my doctor and CDC, I don't think I can camp yet, but if I join you guys it might be just on the trail Saturday depends on health. Keep me posted to which trail are you hitting saturday.
Feel better soon dude!

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Hi Guys,
No problem, if you can't make this one then definitely there will be future ones :) hope you'll be 100% soon.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Not gonna have room for a fire pit but I have more than enough wood if someone else has the pit.
I am staying close to my roots and using a beat up wok. However, I won't be there until 8 earliest I assume. I am sure Matt has a fire pit shindig thing then we can combine our makeshift pits.

Reactions: Doc

Sgt_Gr8Haus

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I am staying close to my roots and using a beat up wok. However, I won't be there until 8 earliest I assume. I am sure Matt has a fire pit shindig thing then we can combine our makeshift pits.
Okay, sounds good. I’m still waiting on my buddy to get off work. Not sure what time we’ll be out.
Sponsored