Need San Diego Shop to install the Eibach Eibach leveling struts and shocks on my 2wd!!!

jatman76

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 2wd
Hello Members,

I need some help fast. Off-Road Warehouse in San Diego is telling me they won't install the Eibach leveling struts and shocks on my 2wd because they are following what Eibach tells them it won't fit and are only for 4wd.

I know it is because of liability and I understand that. I have seen members on here put these on there 2wd's and they fit.

Anyone in San Diego have this kit and got it installed on a 2wd?
Sponsored

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Hello Members,

I need some help fast. Off-Road Warehouse in San Diego is telling me they won't install the Eibach leveling struts and shocks on my 2wd because they are following what Eibach tells them it won't fit and are only for 4wd.

I know it is because of liability and I understand that. I have seen members on here put these on there 2wd's and they fit.

Jason I have the Eibach rear shocks on my 4x2. Bret

OP
OP

jatman76

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 2wd
Jason I have the Eibach rear shocks on my 4x2. Bret
Thanks for responding Cape Cruiser. That is why I am so confused. I bought the kit based on other members putting it on with no problems.

I am assuming it is a liability issue, but can't confirm as I am still waiting for them to call me back since there was a problem with an alignment bolt that either they stripped or was already stripped when it was put on by ford. That's a whole other issue.

OP
OP

jatman76

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 2wd
just found this Eibach's website. It is the same part numbers as the 4wd drive kit. ORW was full of crap. They said they talked to Eibach and Eibach said they don't yet sell a kit for the 2wd.

ORW also told me that the passenger side cam bolt was seized and stripped prior to removing it, but they removed it anyway. Seems kind of fishy to me.

1590711050005.png

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Members,

I had the Eibach kit installed. Front and rear. No problems with install. They did make a little modification to the Rears bushings. No problem. Had on for nearly a year no issues. San Diego should be full of four-wheel drive shops that will take on that job. At least there was when I lived there.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I had the Eibach kit installed. Front and rear. No problems with install. They did make a little modification to the Rears bushings. No problem. Had on for nearly a year no issues. San Diego should be full of four-wheel drive shops that will take on that job. At least there was when I lived there.
Hi Jason,

If on luck in SD....try Hemet....not that far away!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
Try 4 wheel parts in Chula Vista. There is also a Jeep shop in El Cajon that may help...MIT. Call first so you don't waste anyone's time.

OP
OP

jatman76

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 2wd
Thank you all for your replies. I appreciate the help. I am waiting to get my truck back from the ford dealership. The cam bolt that was stripped is a specialty bolt and won't arrive until Thursday. ORW told me the bolt was stripped prior to them removing it. Said it came from the factory that way.

I will keep you updated if I can find a shop to do the install once I get my truck back.
Sponsored