SABER Ranger Club Thread

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
It's really an awesome color. I'm not surprised Ford used it pretty extensively in their advertising, though it seems they're mixing it up more now. I'm glad they carried it over for 2020 - I was wondering if they would because at least around here in most of CA, you don't see many Sabers on dealer lots and I think I've only ever seen one other on the road. The dealers seem to think it's a "risky" color or something and mostly stick to the various shades of non-color (white, silver, gray, black) and occasional a blue or red one.

Once in a while, I find a Saber buddy to park next to even if it's not a Ranger :D ...

saber_small.jpg
I agree....I know of only 4 in the Augusta, GA area. I own one (but ordered a 2wd first). So that is 2 because of me. The other 2 were on a couple of other dealers lots in our area, and that was early in the year, but yet to see any more.

I love the color and everyone who sees it likes it too. Not sure why dealers refuse to order it.
Sponsored

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I agree....I know of only 4 in the Augusta, GA area. I own one (but ordered a 2wd first). So that is 2 because of me. The other 2 were on a couple of other dealers lots in our area, and that was early in the year, but yet to see any more.

I love the color and everyone who sees it likes it too. Not sure why dealers refuse to order it.
Yeah, it's kind of weird, especially since Saber was the most featured color in Ford advertising initially. Maybe it's more popular in some regions, dunno.

An interesting side note is that because we wanted a Supercab XLT, we needed to custom order it, since Supercabs were also pretty rare on dealer lots other than a few XLs. When it finally came in, I got a call from the salesman (who was actually a pretty nice and helpful guy) and he was ecstatic! He couldn't stop talking about how nice the color was ;) This was already July and it turned out that ours was the first Saber Ranger that they had sold!

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Whad'ya know, there's one in Gardnerville and one in Carson City! We go through there a fair amount this time of year. I'll try it out :)

Do you think it would still benefit from Sta-bil just for longevity?
My Toro stuff advises Stabil in every tank of fuel, I kinda did that on the first season About 10 years ago.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
My Toro stuff advises Stabil in every tank of fuel, I kinda did that on the first season About 10 years ago.
I believe that is because it is assuming ethanol. If ethanol, it is absolutely required. That is why I like the non ethanol - it isn't required.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase

Just one reason i ordered mine.

I got the color and options that I wanted, not settling for what the dealer had.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase

I got the color and options that I wanted, not settling for what the dealer had.
Exactly!

I went to a Ranger Drive Event in Atlanta last December and they had all colors. All of them were Lariat's of course and 4wd. After liking the Saber color in the brochure, I REALLY fell in love with it in person. I had already ordered a 2wd Saber Ranger before going to the event. After driving a 4wd, I went back to my dealer and changed to a 4wd.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

I was lucky as one local dealer had exactly what I would've ordered from the color down to every option. I've ordered many trucks before and while it's nice getting everything you want it's the waiting that kills me lol :)

Deleted member 1634

Last night at my wife's work holiday party, this woman comes in, complaining about the parking outside (can't really park on the street because the snow piles are too big already), then yells "who has that new Ford Ranger out front?" I kind of quietly and nervously said, "I do... why?" She's like, "Oh my gosh! Do you love it?!" And we all kind of laughed and were relieved. She went on to say she'd been looking at getting one for awhile, and that Saber was the color she really liked and wanted too. Chatted about it for awhile. Ended up becoming a running joke through the night that she really just wanted to take it.

4X4 GGG

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Just picked up my ranger on Friday and immediately went to find some snow. Love the color with the magnetic rims. My leveling kit arrived yesterday and will be going on this weekend.

20191228_152803_HDR.jpg

20191228_152718.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just picked up my ranger on Friday and immediately went to find some snow. Love the color with the magnetic rims. My leveling kit arrived yesterday and will be going on this weekend.

20191228_152803_HDR.jpg

20191228_152718.jpg
Congrats on your new truck,good choice too! ;) The Saber looks really good in the snow. I'd like to go up north to test mine out in it but then that would mean being in the cold weather. I'll just take everyones word and check out their pictures online while staying warm. :sun:

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Congrats on your new truck,good choice too! ;) The Saber looks really good in the snow. I'd like to go up north to test mine out in it but then that would mean being in the cold weather. I'll just take everyones word and check out their pictures online while staying warm. :sun:
Hahaha, well, saber looks pretty darn good in the sand too as well as in snow!

Last edited:

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Contrats!! Definitely looks nice in snow :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hahaha, well, saber looks pretty damn good in the sand too as well as in snow!
You're right but in the snow the color really stands out. :) I really like this color as it looks good and stands out in many different backdrops.

Deleted member 1634

At work early on a snowy Saturday morning. Got about 8-10" overnight, still a few more inches to come this morning before it tapers off. Wasn't expecting them to have plowed the work parking lot this early on a Saturday, but nice that they did. The roads on the way in hadn't really been touched in a while, but that's what makes it fun. Especially this early when there isn't really anyone else out to bother me or get in my way.

IMG_20200118_055943463.jpg

IMG_20200118_055956090.jpg