First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I like the tailgate lettering. I'm thinking seriously about doing that once I find the time :)
The ABS plastic letters go on really easy,it took me about 10-15 minutes. I first went with the vinyl ones but found these and liked them a lot better. They come with a plastic film over the letter so if you get them make sure you peel that off too. I think that takes longer to do than the actual instal. lol

IMG_1442.jpg
IMG_1443.jpg

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into those. From the photo, it looks like they have some thickness and stiffness that would make them easier to put on than ones that are more like decals or stickers.

I noticed that if you leave out the first "R", you have "ANGER" ;) I wonder when we'll see that pop up somewhere, kinda like the "Toy"s and "Yo"s you see sometimes.. Another one I'm waiting for is someone to put the word "PARK" above "RANGER", LOL.

The ABS plastic letters go on really easy,it took me about 10-15 minutes. I first went with the vinyl ones but found these and liked them a lot better. They come with a plastic film over the letter so if you get them make sure you peel that off too. I think that takes longer to do than the actual instal. lol

IMG_1442.jpg
IMG_1443.jpg

Deleted member 1634

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into those. From the photo, it looks like they have some thickness and stiffness that would make them easier to put on than ones that are more like decals or stickers.

I noticed that if you leave out the first "R", you have "ANGER" ;) I wonder when we'll see that pop up somewhere, kinda like the "Toy"s and "Yo"s you see sometimes.. Another one I'm waiting for is someone to put the word "PARK" above "RANGER", LOL.
As someone who's dad is a current Park Ranger for the Michigan DNR, and a brother who works for the National Forest Service, the "Park Ranger" term is always the one that comes to my mind first.

And I've always figured these DNR's and NPS guys could save some money on sticker letters and buy Rangers and just put Park on them.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Dave,

Yes they're thick which makes them easier to apply and get them perfect. I had the vinyl ones first and they were a pain to apply but I did do it in the middle of August and it was scorching hot out which didn't help. lol If you go the vinyl route just use a spray bottle and a lot of soapy water and they move around easy. The E was the biggest PITA as it kept folding over like a wet noodle and sticking to itself!

Did you see Lones post last week. His Ranger had Anger problems lol :giggle:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/lone-has-an-attitude.5906/

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
LOL, that's a good thread!

EDIT: I'm looking at it and thinking if you were pretty good with the knife, you could move the middle bar of the R down, do a little patching, and have "DANGER". Hmmmmm ;)

Yes they're thick which makes them easier to apply and get them perfect. I had the vinyl ones first and they were a pain to apply but I did do it in the middle of August and it was scorching hot out which didn't help. lol If you go the vinyl route just use a spray bottle and a lot of soapy water and they move around easy. The E was the biggest PITA as it kept folding over like a wet noodle and sticking to itself!

Did you see Lones post last week. His Ranger had Anger problems lol :giggle:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/lone-has-an-attitude.5906/

Last edited:

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Dave,

To give you another tip, I went with these ones: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S4CRB52/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The reason I did was that the gloss graphite is pretty much the same as the magnetic trim :)

Edit: also about that park ranger.. when I was a kid playing with Matchbox and whatever else toy cars, I always thought they were meant to be for park rangers :giggle:

SaberRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
New to the club, I got my Ranger a few weeks ago. I have been wanting one for awhile and have been trying to get a new one but none of the ford dealers wanted to come down on the price. I found this one owner with 5,000 miles and got a killer deal on it.

It is a 2019 Lariat FX4, the original owner pretty much ordered every option on it. They also put BFG AT tires on it.

I will get better pics once it stops raining in Oregon.

I don’t have any major plans for it but I do have an ARE Canopy on order.
B431422C-34C3-49E8-9D19-9CABCA9F9704.jpeg

dallas121469

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sonographer
Johnson Valley OHV recreation area. Means dry lake. Home of the King of the Hammers off-road race.

Don't break down out here because the rattle snakes and scorpions won't help you and the ravens only laugh.

IMG_20200217_135500.jpg

IMG_20200217_133642.jpg

IMG_20200217_131734.jpg

IMG_20200217_131655.jpg

IMG_20200217_130907.jpg

Deleted member 1634

Went for my first "long" drive in awhile on Sunday. Had to deliver my brother his mail that he's had delivered to our house, wanted to check out the at-speed performance of my new topper (installed Friday), and I mostly just wanted an excuse to get out of the house since a lot of us are stuck at home for the past few weeks and the foreseeable future. Ended up doing some minor off-roading (nothing worth noting or sharing), was hoping to do more serious stuff but ran out of time. Either way it was a successful day out of the house!

IMG_20200412_172701_420.jpg