Rut Roh... I think I see a snow day coming. :)

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
CHINA’S power crisis is affecting electric-car owners, with automakers including Tesla and Nio suspending some charging facilities.

User apps show charging stations are down in Chengdu in Sichuan province - where the nation’s worst drought since the 1960s has slashed hydropower generation at the same time a punishing heatwave has sent electricity demand surging - and the nearby city of Chongqing.

Nio posted temporary notices on its app’s charging map page informing owners that some of its Chengdu battery-swapping stations are “off-line” because of the “severe overload on the grid under the persisting high temperatures”.

Tesla turned off or restricted services at more than a dozen super-charging stations in the 2 cities, leaving just 2 still in operation and only during the night as of Aug 17, local media reported, citing a letter from a driver.

The power cuts in Sichuan have added to the woes of manufacturers including Toyota Motor and battery producer Contemporary Amperex Technology, which have had to shut factories.

Teld New Energy, which operates around 300,000 charging pylons nationwide, is asking drivers to check if the services are online before setting out because local power authorities have requested a shutdown of some facilities. The company is also offering preferential rates for users who charge late at night or early in the morning to avoid the peak time for power demand.
Sponsored

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Coming to an America near you! Until the power grid is totally upgraded, we will have this problem with EV's here. There will be rationing of electricity as there was with gas in the '70's. You will have to choose between charging your car, or power at home, with businesses, schools and hospitals getting priority. With all the talk in congress about mandating EV's, how much talk and money are going into beefing up the grid?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Actually they just signed a bill to spend 3 billion for it.

Oh wait no that was Ukraine's infrastructure not ours, my bad.
You know, in my mind the $300B doled out for student loan forgiviness would have went a long way in upgrading our antiquated power grid. But, it has been said that I'm not the brightest bulb in the box.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
You know, in my mind the $300B doled out for student loan forgiviness would have went a long way in upgrading our antiquated power grid. But, it has been said that I'm not the brightest bulb in the box.
That too but it's not passed yet. It's getting a lot of backlash all around so let's see if any of that matters to President Sippycup.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
How about a mileage tax on ev`s to pay for roads. I don't want to be banned so I will just read the comments and keep my mouth shut from here on.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
How about a mileage tax on ev`s to pay for roads. I don't want to be banned so I will just read the comments and keep my mouth shut from here on.
Don't be skeered Ed, a respectful conversation is just fine. This forum is one of the best moderated one I've ever been on. And to your question. I have heard there are already conversations among politicians about an EV road tax. We all know the saying about politicians, "if it moves, tax it...if it don't move, tax it just in case.........:)
Sponsored