First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
THAT I-66 is short, and of course did not exist "back in the day" when all those cars in that puzzle were the real deal.
Someone took some liberties...
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
THAT I-66 is short, and of course did not exist "back in the day" when all those cars in that puzzle were the real deal.
Someone took some liberties...
Actually, I-66 construction was started in 1961 and thru 1971 sections were completed.
So, it would have existed back when those cars were roaming around the country.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Actually, I-66 construction was started in 1961 and thru 1971 sections were completed.
So, it would have existed back when those cars were roaming around the country.
I'll take your word for that. I drove it some as a trucker in the late 80s and early 90s. Not my favorite stretch because of the hills and fog. I don't remember it going all the way across from I81 to the I495 until then.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
I hate driving I-81, and I am about to do it again in 2 weeks. From central NC to north of Syracuse to visit in-laws. I'll leave NC at 8 pm, hit Wash DC at 1 am, then on to Harrisburg via 15 at Frederick, Md. From Harrisburg it is I-81 the rest of the trip. On the way back I'll bypass Md and Wash DC, staying on I-81 a while longer and taking 2 lane back roads through Front Royal or further south to Appomattox and Farmville, Va. Maybe stop and see Oliver Anthony play some of his tunes. Rich Men North of Richmond, I Wanna Go Home, or 90 Some Chevy.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Back in the 20's, 30's, and 40's (before and after WW ii) almost every vehicle manufacturer...there were dozens and dozens of them, made pick up truck, including Buick and Pontiac. Hudson, Mack, Terraplane, Nash, Plymouth, Diamond T, many more.
Just google up old or classic truck manufacturers. Even Cadillac had prototypes.
If you want to see some beautiful trucks, google up Hudson, Terraplane, Studebaker Express, Packard, from the 30's and 40's. These were called "Gentleman Farmers: trucks as they were expensive and cost twice what the usual Ford/Chevy trucks cost.
Sponsored

Last edited: