Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Had a 92 F250 4x4 with the Ford under the rails drop in bed liner purchased new. Did have some scrapes & gouges in it. About 8 yrs after ownership decided to pull the liner to check the bed because of all the bad talk. Total waste of time & a PITA. The bed had some paint wear but other than that clean as new. Never checked again, sold it in 2012. Did have a topper on it. Mine did not move around much. :)
This is similar to my experience with previous Rangers when combined with a topper Larry. Lots of scuff marks for sure but never any real rust. I think the ribs in the bed and liner as well as the drain holes in the bed, allow water to escape or dry up. My previous trucks were also garaged, so that helps too.
Sponsored

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Drop in bed liners are the worst. They are great at trapping dirt and moisture.
Yup I had the heavy duty OEM rubber mat. My bed floor was dotted with hundreds of pin hole size rust spots. When I traded it in I left the the mat in with the decked system on top and washed my hands of the matter.

rangerrichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger
Occupation
Firefighter
I spray ACF50 on everything I have that I think might even slightly get rusty, its brilliant at stopping rust
Sponsored