Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2020 MY)

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
The real stickler is that I placed the order right before the 2 week holiday shutdown on 12/20/19 and the sticker shows the order being 12/31/19 so I had a built in 2 week no progress before I even got started
Well, it was suppose to be build day for both of us but I can't get the website to work for me at all! :crying:
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Well, it was suppose to be build day for both of us but I can't get the website to work for me at all! :crying:
If you want to see if it is alive, you can try and setup your FordPass - if it tells you to "answer the question on the screen" (I can't remember exactly what it says), you will know your truck is alive. The downside is that you might have to do a master reset in order to set it up when you get it.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Then it's time to contact your dealer for more information, they have access to a Ford site (we mere mortals don't) which gives much more detailed information concerning your build. I've forgotten the name of the site, but it is an acronym.
When I was tracking my build last November I did find the vehicle tracking site to be buggy, but then, almost all Ford sites are.
Make a pest of yourself with your dealer, God knows I did.

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger XLT 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Same, i'm not having any luck either. I don't really want to mess with ford pass yet

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
Same, i'm not having any luck either. I don't really want to mess with ford pass yet
Same here. Tried all day to get in. Clicked the link hundreds of times No luck :(

You guys call your dealer for info. They have access to a site that we don't.

Last edited:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mike and Al, call your dealership and speak with the sales manager handling your deal, explain to him (or her) that Ford's tracking site is down and you'd like to know the latest status on you build.

Both you guys are paying good money for your new truck, it's the least they can do.

Attached is a screenshot of what my dealership texted me back in November 2019 concerning the status of my 2020 Lariat, you'll notice it looks nothing like the vehicle tracking site.

2203.jpeg

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same here. Tried all day to get in. Clicked the link hundreds of times No luck :(

You guys call your dealer for info. They have access to a site that we don't.
Website worked for me today. My Ranger is awaiting shipment with an estimated delivery of April 10th. He's alive! :clap:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Website worked for me today. My Ranger is awaiting shipment with an estimated delivery of April 10th. He's alive! :clap:
April 10 seems like a long time from now, especially considering the truck is already in existence and it's travelling from Michigan and northwest to your location. Ford's tracking site does veer on the pessimistic side, it stated that total transit time for my truck would be 72 days to reach HNL.
My 2020 took about 28 days via rail from Michigan Assy. to San Diego, CA. and another 6 days ocean travel time.
Oh well, at least you know it lives...
Congrats!

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
Excellent! Yeah it worked for me today as well.
Congrats on the birth of your new baby!!
Mine is due the week of April 6th

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Mine hasn't fully changed over to Awaiting shipment but it does have the estimated dealer delivery of 3/14

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine hasn't fully changed over to Awaiting shipment but it does have the estimated dealer delivery of 3/14
Later in the day mine reverted back to "In production". That is odd and I'm hoping its a quirk of the website as opposed to having to fix something on my Ranger.

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Later in the day mine reverted back to "In production". That is odd and I'm hoping its a quirk of the website as opposed to having to fix something on my Ranger.
I don't think i'd worry about that

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's the site, I am guessing you don't want to bug your dealer as I suggested?

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's the site, I am guessing you don't want to bug your dealer as I suggested?
The website shows my Ranger is now "in transit" to Rochester Minnesota. MAP is not far from Rochester and it should arrive in a few days. All is good!

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
:like:
Sponsored