Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX 4x4
Occupation
Flying High
Vehicle Showcase
Mine had some curl to it, but it curled into the bed. It seemed to straighten out after a month or so in the sun.

I have a spray in and as @dmeyer302 said it’s great to use both a spray in and a rubber bed mat. Impact resistance, protects the bedliner from abuse pulling heavy things in and out of the bed, and is easy on the knees as op and @wanted33 said.
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I've never had an issue with this? I usually use acetone and a scuff pad.

Granted, I don't know how bedliner would adhere.
Yeah, acetone will remove the film, but acetone will also soften paint, and with the water based paints used today, won't use acetone on any of my vehicles paints. Mineral spirits are a bit better, but crazy as it sounds, it won't do a great job on removing silicone.
It's just better not to use anything that may harm paint.
Try an experiment...spray some silicone spray on a piece of painted metal, like your spraying down your rubber weather-stripping.
Wait 6 months and try and paint over the area...paint will start to peel very soon after .

Last edited:

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Yeah, acetone will remove the film, but acetone will also soften paint, and with the water based paints used today, won't use acetone on any of my vehicles paints. Mineral spirits are a bit better, but crazy as it sounds, it won't do a great job on removing silicone.
Try an experiment...spray some silicone spray on a piece of painted metal, like your spraying down your rubber weather-stripping.
Wait 6 months and try and paint over the area...paint will start to peel very soon after .
Hmm, that is true.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
My sons mat did that. We brought it inside and used it as an entry way mat until it layer flat. Just room temps was enough to get it to lay flat. Took a week though

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
It might just be lack of heat/summer sun but the rubber bed mat thing I got to hold me over until I get a spray in won't lay flat. Looks great otherwise. Just sort of annoying.. doesn't hurt function.

Other than laying heavy stuff on it, tried that. Tips to get the "memory" out of it being rolled up?

Read something about boiling water as a solution but don't want to destroy it.

Mat came from a company that might have a loose association with dampers....
Not much help to you since you've already bought yours but I put a Black Armor bed mat in mine on top of the spray liner - the Black Armor is crazy thick and heavy - no warping it and little chance it'll fly out.

bRaptor

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT tremor
Heat it up with a heat gun or a hairdryer should do.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. When I painted cars for a living, you could always tell when the prep guy missed getting it sterile of silicone because the fish eyes would start right away. Even products like Armor All or tire shine would screw me over because the body would get prepped but not the tires or interior and someone would move the vehicle, touch one of those surfaces, and then touch the area prepped for painting. The first thing a good paint shop does is strip your car of anything you put on it to protect it or make it shiny because all those things ruin a paint job.

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
We've sold quite a few TrailFX rubber bed mats. Usually customer is also having a cap or tonneau installed, so our installer cuts the plastic wrap off the mat and lays it in the pickup bed. No problems. We have sold some brands in the past that really stunk bad, especially in a closed up truck cap.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Mine unrolled and laid down flat right away...except for that little hump right in the middle. I'm pretty sure like @AzScorpion said--once the heat picks up here a bit it'll probably lay right down like it should.
But right now it looks funny.
Sponsored