First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
3M VHB (very high bond) double sided tape should work well for this purpose. I wouldn't use any type of epoxy, that could very well end up to be permanent.
i second the 3M VHB. we use this stuff extensively at work. if you read the datasheet for it, the bond actually strengthens over time. even soaking in solvents and oils didnt deteriorate the strength of the bond. its as close as you can get to permanent without using screws.
Sponsored

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Received the rtr flares, next step is to the body shop to ptm, got the vhb tape to go along with the supplied gear, hopefully that holds. I’m shooting for next week if I have time to install. I also got some smoked aftermarket fender lights to replace the OEM, I’m sure you’ve seen it, it’s the one with two stripes. I’ve got to say the box it came in was pretty light, hopefully the body shop doesn’t charge an arm and a leg to paint. Thanks all!

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Just saw that the tape attached to the flares are vhb, so probably going to attach a few more strips and pray lol

dangeranger

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4 runner , 1999, XJ, 1999 Audi S4, 1996 f150 prerunner, 1984 Audi UR Quattro
I am unsure, but I absolutely love mine. IMO the Raptor style one is a little trying to be something we arent? Idk, that is just my opinion!
Dan's the Man...

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Installed the new RTR Fender Flares on my Ranger. They are my favorite flare offered for our Rangers. with only a 1.5" extension, it does not take away from the lines of the truck. Still has the OEM look IMO.
Did you have to remove the OEM flares from the truck prior to installing? It doesn’t say in the directions and I thought I read somewhere that you had to.

ac_perks

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have to remove the OEM flares from the truck prior to installing? It doesn’t say in the directions and I thought I read somewhere that you had to.
Leave the OEM flares on - the RTRs clip right over them.

Brix

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Received the rtr flares, next step is to the body shop to ptm, got the vhb tape to go along with the supplied gear, hopefully that holds. I’m shooting for next week if I have time to install. I also got some smoked aftermarket fender lights to replace the OEM, I’m sure you’ve seen it, it’s the one with two stripes. I’ve got to say the box it came in was pretty light, hopefully the body shop doesn’t charge an arm and a leg to paint. Thanks all!
Post some pictures!

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Post some pictures!
I will, just waiting for a friend to paint them. Currently it’s being sanded so hopefully he gets done in a couple of weeks, thinking of running a spacer, not sure what size spacer I’m going to need. I should have done a mock install and see the horizontal gap between the tire and outer edge of the flare.

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
what he said^
Dan, do you have pics of your truck prior to the flare with the same tires you’re running now? Would love too see some side shots to see how far your tires stuck out.

OP
OP

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Dan, do you have pics of your truck prior to the flare with the same tires you’re running now? Would love too see some side shots to see how far your tires stuck out.
So I was never running the 35x12.5x17 without the flares. I was running 285/70/17. I put the flares on and the UCA's and then realized I wanted to go bigger. Here are some photos of 285/70/17 without flares. The wheels are +12 offset. 17x9.5"

sports bar 2.jpg

Screenshot (20).png

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
So I was never running the 35x12.5x17 without the flares. I was running 285/70/17. I put the flares on and the UCA's and then realized I wanted to go bigger. Here are some photos of 285/70/17 without flares. The wheels are +12 offset. 17x9.5"

sports bar 2.jpg

Screenshot (20).png
I might consider getting bigger tires, I'll see how it looks once the flares are on. Awesome truck, thanks for the pics.

OP
OP

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I might consider getting bigger tires, I'll see how it looks once the flares are on. Awesome truck, thanks for the pics.
You got it man! I highly recommend the Yokohama X-A/T's. Extremely quiet for daily driving, but have never gotten stuck off road. 45,000 Mile Warranty and a current consumer rebate available!
Sponsored