Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightning Blue Lariat FX4
Dammit! RTR keeps draining my bank account. Grill, fender flares, now this. $199 is pricey for sure, but the Air Design vents are around the same price and look to be lesser quality. Post some close ups when you get yours. I’m interested to see the texture of the plastic whether it’s smooth like the fender flares or textured like their grill surround.

OP
OP
RangerDanger-UT

RangerDanger-UT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Wow! $199 for two small pieces.................
Yes, on the more expensive side, but not much more than the ones from the dealer that IMO dont look as nice as these

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad I got the Air Designs vents FREE (used Pass Points) from the dealer. IMO, the RTR's look kinda generic....they just cut the middle out and put some mesh in there....but that's me.

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm glad I got the Air Designs vents FREE (used Pass Points) from the dealer. IMO, the RTR's look kinda generic....they just cut the middle out and put some mesh in there....but that's me.
It appears to be one molded piece that matches the RTR grill pattern. The RTR grill center piece is also one molded piece of plastic similar to an OEM grill. I like the look of both the Air Design and the RTR, but the AD side vents are painted plastic with a mesh backing while the RTR is more of an OEM quality piece if it’s anything like their grill.

NVHoonigan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
It appears to be one molded piece that matches the RTR grill pattern. The RTR grill center piece is also one molded piece of plastic similar to an OEM grill. I like the look of both the Air Design and the RTR, but the AD side vents are painted plastic with a mesh backing while the RTR is more of an OEM quality piece if it’s anything like their grill.
you are 100% right which is what I love about the RTR products. Vaughn Gittin (owner/founder of RTR) has been a partner with Ford in Formula Drift for a long time and Ford gives them the CAD designs for parts they want to customize for their vehicles. Nothing gets reverse engineered to fit a Ranger with them, it is all based on factory designs to make OEM quality parts.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I was thinking $50-75/pr when I clicked the link... Whew, OEM it is!
^This.

At even $100 for a quality part I would probably get them, but at ~$200?

That price puts it in an area of better swag that I would find more beneficial.

I need to pop one off and see if I can 3D print something similar.

OP
OP
RangerDanger-UT

RangerDanger-UT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
RTR now offers military and first responder discounts so that 200 can be lower!

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I won’t argue that $200 can be better spent elsewhere, but for someone wanting a different side vent these are comparable in price to the only other option (Air Design) and much higher quality. OEM vents are around $100 each, so I don’t think the price is unreasonable given the quality. I was a Mechanical Engineer for 15 years and worked in manufacturing. Injection Molded ABS or TPO parts with a final finish quality like this with no need for extra finishing like sanding or paint is expensive. Tooling is expensive. I’m sure they are making a healthy profit At $200/pair, but there’s no way you could make a relativity low volume OEM quality injection molded part like this and sell them at $100 a pair. Well you could, but you wouldn’t be in business long.