RTR Fender Flares, is anyone running these??

ac_perks

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a mud flap option to along with this extension?
Not from RTR that I've seen. These mount right over stock fenders with some basic clips though, likely some other flaps would work in tandem or could be easily modified to fit.
Sponsored

ac_perks

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
One thing to note for anyone considering these, when I installed the bumper extensions it very clearly called out that my front bumper is not aligned properly, off by about a 1/4-1/2" on the drivers side. Project for another day to see if that's something I can adjust without a major undertaking... so anyway - the flares are great but double check that Ford installed your bumper properly haha.
AB36D3A4-2E77-48CD-A4E7-C697E3DCE552.JPG

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
One thing to note for anyone considering these, when I installed the bumper extensions it very clearly called out that my front bumper is not aligned properly, off by about a 1/4-1/2" on the drivers side. Project for another day to see if that's something I can adjust without a major undertaking... so anyway - the flares are great but double check that Ford installed your bumper properly haha.
If you look up the install instructions for the BDS Intrusion Beams, they show you how to remove the front bumper. It's really not very difficult, especially since you're really just loosening the 6 bolts to adjust it. The worst part is the stupid junky clips Ford uses to hold the front bumper valance on.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
If you look up the install instructions for the BDS Intrusion Beams, they show you how to remove the front bumper. It's really not very difficult, especially since you're really just loosening the 6 bolts to adjust it. The worst part is the stupid junky clips Ford uses to hold the front bumper valance on.
OT but you guys really don't need to remove the bumpers to pull out the beams...loosen and work the beams out one side at a time...I've done it...

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
OT but you guys really don't need to remove the bumpers to pull out the beams...loosen and work the beams out one side at a time...I've done it...
There was no way the front beams were coming out on my Ranger until I loosened the front bumper to make room. Trust me, I tried.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
There was no way the front beams were coming out on my Ranger until I loosened the front bumper to make room. Trust me, I tried.
Yes, exactly...loosen the bumpers as far as they'll go without coming off and rock one side all the way forward with the other side pushed to the rear...you'll get just enough to slide the pulled side out...

ac_perks

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome thanks for the heads up. I actually had the intrusion beams installed by a shop while they were doing UCA's & suspension. Thought for a second it might have been them but went back to old pics and noticed the misalignment straight from the factory. Good to know it should be easy enough to correct though, will give that a go myself.

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Good catch! Thanks for the heads up