First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I ended up going with the Roush tune and overall i can say I am really happy with it. Had already been using premium fuel but now has a definite power increase, makes the truck a lot more fun to drive.

Not sure about the other tunes, but when I got this it just came with a card. I called the dealer to quote the install and they said $250, which just seems high to me. I ended up downloading the Roush RDT software and purchasing a J-2534 cable (Dashbridge CX) which ended up costing $250 also, figured it would be worth it to buy if i ever needed to flash it again. Looks like there is some diagnostics and data-logging that can be done with the RDT software, I really haven't messed with it yet.

Is anyone else running this tune?
Sponsored

Tom M

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I ended up going with the Roush tune and overall i can say I am really happy with it. Had already been using premium fuel but now has a definite power increase, makes the truck a lot more fun to drive.

Not sure about the other tunes, but when I got this it just came with a card. I called the dealer to quote the install and they said $250, which just seems high to me. I ended up downloading the Roush RDT software and purchasing a J-2534 cable (Dashbridge CX) which ended up costing $250 also, figured it would be worth it to buy if i ever needed to flash it again. Looks like there is some diagnostics and data-logging that can be done with the RDT software, I really haven't messed with it yet.

Did you end up purchasing the CAI kit and exhaust also?

OP
OP
outdoorphotog

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Did you end up purchasing the CAI kit and exhaust also?
Tom,

i installed the cai too. Got exhaust but won’t be able to install for a few weeks.. hoping it uncorks it some more.

Tom M

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Does the software save a copy of your stock tune to the laptop in case you need to go back?

Tom M

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I just ordered my tune and cable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
outdoorphotog

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Tom,

Awesome. Did you go with the Dashbridge CX cable?

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase

Hey man, great to hear you’re running the Roush tune and liking it. Now that you’ve had it for a bit, would you mind providing more of a review of your experience with it? I’m on the edge of getting it myself, just not quite there. Regards

OP
OP
outdoorphotog

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Hey man, great to hear you’re running the Roush tune and liking it. Now that you’ve had it for a bit, would you mind providing more of a review of your experience with it? I’m on the edge of getting it myself, just not quite there. Regards
I am definitely still happy with the power increase , you can really feel the torque increase. We are actually in the middle of a 3 week road trip, just drove from northern CA to northern WA and I averaged 22.9mpg (per the truck) with an extra 600lbs of gear in the back, so I would say the fuel economy is still there. Lots of extra power to pass people on the freeway or just to have fun , I’m very happy with it. The transmissions shift points are different in drive, it actually feels more efficient during cruising like it up shifts to a cruising gear instead of hanging in the previous gear for as long. I Am eager to unload the truck and take it to the 1/4 mile track but I probably have to wait a few weeks

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
I am definitely still happy with the power increase , you can really feel the torque increase. We are actually in the middle of a 3 week road trip, just drove from northern CA to northern WA and I averaged 22.9mpg (per the truck) with an extra 600lbs of gear in the back, so I would say the fuel economy is still there. Lots of extra power to pass people on the freeway or just to have fun , I’m very happy with it. The transmissions shift points are different in drive, it actually feels more efficient during cruising like it up shifts to a cruising gear instead of hanging in the previous gear for as long. I Am eager to unload the truck and take it to the 1/4 mile track but I probably have to wait a few weeks
Good to hear you’re enjoying the tune, and thanks for the reply. Appreciate your valuable insight!

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase

I am getting mine installed at the dealership Wednesday morning. They quoted $125 to do it. Peace of mind for me that they do it and I get the Roush warranty. I installed the Roush cold air kit over the weekend and my Gibson catback should arrive via ups tomorrow. I liked its sound better than any others and I found it on sale for $504.39, and free shipping.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase

I put my roush tune and cold air kit I. The truck around the same time as you, Mines a 2019 Lariat screw. How has your mileage been? Are you running new plugs? I had my Ford dealer install my tune so warranty wasn't effected, but I did my own cold air kit and I only run premium

OP
OP
outdoorphotog

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I put my roush tune and cold air kit I. The truck around the same time as you, Mines a 2019 Lariat screw. How has your mileage been? Are you running new plugs? I had my Ford dealer install my tune so warranty wasn't effected, but I did my own cold air kit and I only run premium
I had about the same MPG, not any issues. SOld the truck in early 2022 though .
Sponsored