Rhino Rack Pioneer Kit installed!

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Just finished installing the backbone kit and pioneer platform with room for two bikes and a Necky Manitou II 14' 8" kayak. Really impressed with the build quality and fitment options for all the add on parts.
DSC06689-8.jpg
Sponsored

1medic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew
Looks awesome! What’s the difference of in cab wind noise at highway speeds?

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks awesome! What’s the difference of in cab wind noise at highway speeds?
Without the wind fairing it was pretty noisy as you could hear the dull rushing of wind through the slats. After I installed the wind fairing it reduced the sound significantly to a pretty minimal level at speeds below 70.

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
NICE TRUCK!!!! What is your wheel/tire combo?

Ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Truck and bike look great. How difficult is it loading/unloading bikes from the roof with that setup?

Will the Tepui RTT mount on top of the Pioneer tray? Debating buying one of these trays to mount over my Rhino Rack bars over the bed, but it'd be nice to leave the tray and just throw things like a RTT/snowboard racks/etc. on top of it rather than swapping out for those racks.

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NICE TRUCK!!!! What is your wheel/tire combo?
Thanks!
Currently running 34” Patagonia M/T’s on 17” icon rebound wheels.

Truck and bike look great. How difficult is it loading/unloading bikes from the roof with that setup?

Will the Tepui RTT mount on top of the Pioneer tray? Debating buying one of these trays to mount over my Rhino Rack bars over the bed, but it'd be nice to leave the tray and just throw things like a RTT/snowboard racks/etc. on top of it rather than swapping out for those racks.
Thanks!
You can mount the roof tent to the pioneer platform system. However, depending on how you want the tent to fold out you will need to use a set of “accessory” bars that will go across the slats to allow for mounting the tent with its bars aligned length ways.

Having the platform over the bed would be handy for multiple setups for different times of the year. Rhino Rack has pretty much every mount you could ask for.

Spiritfish

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercab, Lightning Blue
Just finished installing the backbone kit and pioneer platform with room for two bikes and a Necky Manitou II 14' 8" kayak. Really impressed with the build quality and fitment options for all the add on parts.
DSC06689-8.jpg
Can't tell from pic...is this system track mounted or aircraft door mount style? Did Rhino supply the track replacement if it's track mounted?

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't tell from pic...is this system track mounted or aircraft door mount style? Did Rhino supply the track replacement if it's track mounted?
The kit includes a track that is installed inplace of the factory guttering. So you can remove the rack and leave the track on the truck for a clean roof line if needed.

Spiritfish

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercab, Lightning Blue
The kit includes a track that is installed inplace of the factory guttering. So you can remove the rack and leave the track on the truck for a clean roof line if needed.
I called Rhino back in February of '19 and they weren't even in design mode yet for either version of the Ranger although Rhino in Australia had full systems for both. Just looked at their site...I see the kit but no designation between Supercab and Crew...unless it's hidden somewhere? I already have rack system from an Explorer that fits the width of the Ranger but...need the tracks.

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called Rhino back in February of '19 and they weren't even in design mode yet for either version of the Ranger although Rhino in Australia had full systems for both. Just looked at their site...I see the kit but no designation between Supercab and Crew...unless it's hidden somewhere? I already have rack system from an Explorer that fits the width of the Ranger but...need the tracks.
You need these two items to attach a Pioneer Platform to the roof of a crew cab Ranger. They do not make a supercab version.

Link to Tracks

Link to Backbone

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
Your truck and all your mods looks great! Nice job putting it together.

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your truck and all your mods looks great! Nice job putting it together.
Thank you, I appreciate it! Im not done with mods yet. More to come!

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase
DSC06689-8.jpg
DSC06689-8.jpg
I have almost the same roof setup, but I noticed you have the bars! Is this where you would mount heavy duty/aero bars to utilize kayak carrier? Also do you have any images of the kayak loaded thanks ??

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have almost the same roof setup, but I noticed you have the bars! Is this where you would mount heavy duty/aero bars to utilize kayak carrier? Also do you have any images of the kayak loaded thanks ??
I added the side bars for a handle and for extra tie down space but the kayak is going on the “accessory bars” that I have mounted across the front and back of the rack. You can kinda see the front one in that picture.

The kayak will be setting on this mount so I can slide it in from the back of the truck onto the roof. They are really easy to slide into the rail without any tools to secure them too so it’s a really easy to setup up system without having to leave a bunch of mounts on the rack.

I don’t have any pictures of the kayak loaded on yet. Everything is still frozen here in Colorado so I only test fit it a few weeks ago
Sponsored