Not open for further replies.

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
Im in for a Retrax Pro XR as well. Sent you a PM!

Also, does anyone know if the Yakima Overhaul HD truck rack will work with the T slot on the Retrax? I found only one video of the two being used at SEMA but I cant find any specs as to if i need a special hardware kit to attach it or if there is something else I need.
The Ford accessory "Overhaul Kit" comes with everything needed, including the rack, to mount it to the Retrax T-slots. Here is the link, https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/12232/s/kit-roller-ladder/category/3115/ It states it is for the "Embark LS" but that is the exact same thing as the Retrax just branded for Ford. My Dealer sold it to me at $869.33. It's the Yakima kit in a Ford box. Mine is supposed to be here no later than March 4th.
Sponsored

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Dang... 180lb off road limit.. thats not going to do much good.
No itā€™s not. Just skip the t tracks and buy a bed rail mounted rack that works with tonneau covers.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
No itā€™s not. Just skip the t tracks and buy a bed rail mounted rack that works with tonneau covers.
Do you have any products in mind? I havenā€™t kind much that will work with a cover.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.max-modular.com/shop-max-modular/alu-max-18-high-aluminum-truck-bed-rack

Assuming youā€™re wanting it high enough to work with kayaks. I decided to go with a lower rack to keep my RTT near cab height for better fuel economy. If I do ever need to carry kayaks Iā€™ll just use a bed extender and go from the bed rack to the bed extender. Or I can put my RTT on and use its crossbars for the kayak. I preordered the iKamper X-cover.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.max-modular.com/shop-max-modular/alu-max-18-high-aluminum-truck-bed-rack

Assuming youā€™re wanting it high enough to work with kayaks. I decided to go with a lower rack to keep my RTT near cab height for better fuel economy. If I do ever need to carry kayaks Iā€™ll just use a bed extender and go from the bed rack to the bed extender. Or I can put my RTT on and use its crossbars for the kayak. I preordered the iKamper X-cover.
Do you already own a RTT?

I ordered the CVT Mt. Shasta last week but I still havenā€™t settled on how to mount it. I have a 14.5ā€™ kayak that I want to take with me on trips as well. Both combined itā€™s way over the pathetic weight limit of the T slot bed rack. Kinda frustrating and I can see why overland rigs end up with an entire custom bed.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nah, you just need a solid rack. The 10ā€ rack from max mod would put your CVT just above the cab. Ordering it with the tonneau brackets solves your cover problem. Then you should be able to just strap your kayak down on top of your rtt and let it hang over the cab. That should work just fine for you.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nah, you just need a solid rack. The 10ā€ rack from max mod would put your CVT just above the cab. Ordering it with the tonneau brackets solves your cover problem. Then you should be able to just strap your kayak down on top of your rtt and let it hang over the cab. That should work just fine for you.
I think thatā€™s the closest Iā€™ll get to a secure mount but I really donā€™t want to move the kayak each time I set up camp. The one thing I liked about the bed rack with cross bars is they are wide enough to hold the tent and kayak side by side.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Rockweiler

First Name
AndrƩ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab 4x4
Dang... 180lb off road limit.. thats not going to do much good.
Thatā€™s usually the ā€œwarranty weightā€ and not necessarily the real threshold. I see the clamps as the weak link but Iā€™m willing to bet itā€™s built better than that. Anyway Iā€™ll know for sure this summer when I start wheeling with this setup and most probably with a lot more than 185lbs on. Maybe Iā€™ll need to bolt the rails in place instead of relying on the clamps if I get into overlanding in a serious way.

WxNerd2015

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 Wrangler, 2017 Escape
Occupation
Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
We are in the process of uploading the RETRAX Bed Covers for you guys!

Which RETRAX is your favorite? We are trying to get a idea for stocking in house vs drop shipping from them!

We are also looking to sell one of each variant at a discount to get product images to use on our site!

who would be interested? Please message me for more details!

Thank you
Chris
Thanks @PandaMotorworks for helping me decide on my bed cover and for a great deal! Just ordered and on the way! RetraxOne XR is the one that fit everything I need best between price, function, and need! I will make sure to take some good pics to send back to you guys as well!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.