First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
Almost any true All Terrain tire is going to be a little louder than the Hankooks, in my opinion. The Hankooks claim to be All terrain, but they are more of an all-season tread design in reality. Most of the popular All Terrains, such as the Wildpeak and AT3 are going to be a little louder to noticeably louder. If you want quieter, you may want to consider something like the Michelin Defender LTX M/S.
ive got same issue as OP and the michelins are where im leaning I just didnt want to give up the look of the hankooks event though I am on the road almost all the time I still like the look of the hankooks
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
ive got same issue as OP and the michelins are where im leaning I just didnt want to give up the look of the hankooks event though I am on the road almost all the time I still like the look of the hankooks
Be smart and go with functionality over looks. If you don't go off-road at all and only hit dirt roads every once in a great while then you don't need an all-terrain. A good all season will do just fine

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for recommendations for same size replacement.

My factory LT tires have 45k miles on them and are starting to get slick when it's cold and wet.

So far the OE Hankooks have been fine. Not a ton of off-road, just light duty stuff during deer season. I'm towing ~3k trailers more often. Live in the south so snow isn't a problem.

Basically I don't want to give up anything from the OE LT tire but I'd be happy to get more wet grip or less road noise.

Any good options?
Yokohama G015 is a good looking tire with good traction in many conditions. Lots of people love the Michelin LTX for your use case. Read some Tirerack reviews. They do wet and dry track comparisons in their tire testing.

I also felt pretty neutral about the Hankooks. The LT design is a bit more aggressive than the passenger rated that I assume most people here received on their trucks. Had good traction even off road. Would have gotten them again, but I wanted a bigger size and had a nice discount on Goodyears through USAA so I ended up with Duratracs. Would not recommend going more aggressive than the LT ATM tread if you don't really go off roading. Road-biased tires do the job on gravel roads and obviously perform way better on the highway.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Can anyone comment on the coopers or falkens and their noise compared to the OE Hankooks?
I put Wildpeak AT4 on about two months ago. I can't tell any difference in sound compared to the Hankook tires. Just as quiet and comfortable.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
Be smart and go with functionality over looks. If you don't go off-road at all and only hit dirt roads every once in a great while then you don't need an all-terrain. A good all season will do just fine
I know .... thats probably what I'll do the michelins are great tires

canuckgeek

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Looking for recommendations for same size replacement.

My factory LT tires have 45k miles on them and are starting to get slick when it's cold and wet.

So far the OE Hankooks have been fine. Not a ton of off-road, just light duty stuff during deer season. I'm towing ~3k trailers more often. Live in the south so snow isn't a problem.

Basically I don't want to give up anything from the OE LT tire but I'd be happy to get more wet grip or less road noise.

Any good options?
I've got a 2019, alignment issue made them ware funny, so just replaced them with Toyo Open Country AT3.
Sponsored