First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I don't really want anything "extra " , that's why I was thinking mirror cam , screen built in , nothing extra mounted , you can split the view between front and rear , or just stream the rear or use as a mirror , I would have 2 views in reverse , one from the factory on my sync screen and one from my back glass cam showing on my mirror ...
I see. I'm not sure how the mirror cams work but on mine there's no display on the dash cam. I have to either pull out the sd card and view it from my laptop or connect the cam (wifi only) through the app on my phone and watch it there. That was the one minus on mine but the clarity was so good I figured that would come in more handy than having a view screen on it. Sounds like a fun project and hopefully it works out the way you want it.
Sponsored

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just not sure if anything important is inside the mirror ? , it's elaborately mounted , that's for sure ...
and the one I saw had a zoom in back up as part off it ... hate my back up camera ...
idk about important things in the mirror itself but in the housing and right by it there absolutely is stuff thats important, do you have the 8 inch screen in your truck or the small one?

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I don't really want anything "extra " , that's why I was thinking mirror cam , screen built in , nothing extra mounted , you can split the view between front and rear , or just stream the rear or use as a mirror , I would have 2 views in reverse , one from the factory on my sync screen and one from my back glass cam showing on my mirror ...
With how much electronic wizardry and complexity there is to these trucks and how integrated everything is I would not screw with it personally cause not only will ford laugh at you if something gets screwed up and you try to repair it under warranty. I think it is an interesting idea but its incredibly risky as well so be careful

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
idk about important things in the mirror itself but in the housing and right by it there absolutely is stuff thats important, do you have the 8 inch screen in your truck or the small one?
Actually all the Rangers have the same 8" screen. :wink: I wish we had the option like the Bronco for the larger 12" screen over the 8" screen.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Actually all the Rangers have the same 8" screen. :wink: I wish we had the option like the Bronco for the larger 12" screen over the 8" screen.
Going back in the old order guide you are correct lol part of me is thinking about last gen f150's i think lol and that awful 4. something screen with the keypad besides it

OP
OP
NotBudule

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
With how much electronic wizardry and complexity there is to these trucks and how integrated everything is I would not screw with it personally cause not only will ford laugh at you if something gets screwed up and you try to repair it under warranty. I think it is an interesting idea but its incredibly risky as well so be careful
I'm not messing with Pandora's box on the windshield, mirror cam goes over old mirror so no worries up there, but I will most likely have to cut the plug on the factory back up camera to splice, that's where me butt cheeks will be the tightest...

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not messing with Pandora's box on the windshield, mirror cam goes over old mirror so no worries up there, but I will most likely have to cut the plug on the factory back up camera to splice, that's where me butt cheeks will be the tightest...
I would hope ford was logical and they made it so you could just unplug it but that would involve ford being logical lol. If you want a good view of that setup maybe look at the threads of the folks who did the ford badge swap to the black ones the camera and all that is part of the housing you have to swap

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Nice, but pricey.
A little bit. lol I started out looking at cheaper $100 ones on Amazon and some had really good reviews. But then I watched a bunch of comparison videos and this one stood out for having great clarity. I figured what good is a dash cam if you can't see the person (to grainy)or license plate? I bought mine here and they usually have some good sales around the holidays and if you sign up for their emails they'll send you coupons for a % off. Being out of Canada there's no tax and free shipping, I paid $400.00 OTD.

DonB

Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Ranger Super Cab FX4
Occupation
Retired
A little bit. lol I started out looking at cheaper $100 ones on Amazon and some had really good reviews. But then I watched a bunch of comparison videos and this one stood out for having great clarity. I figured what good is a dash cam if you can't see the person (to grainy)or license plate? I bought mine here and they usually have some good sales around the holidays and if you sign up for their emails they'll send you coupons for a % off. Being out of Canada there's no tax and free shipping, I paid $400.00 OTD.
Is this the one i need?

Dashcam with Rear Facing Camera Bundle ~ VHL3Z19G490K (ford.com)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I don't know much about that one but I think I remember a few here who bought it and liked it.

I have this one here.

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/products/thinkware-u1000-4k-uhd-dual-channel-cloud-dash-cam

Another really good one for a lot less money is this VIOFO A129. It has a display screen and great reviews. The only reason I didn't buy this one is the Thinkware is rated for higher temps which in need here.

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/products/viofo-a129-pro-duo-2-channel-dash-cam-with-gps

This video here was helpful when I was looking.

DonB

Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Ranger Super Cab FX4
Occupation
Retired
I don't know much about that one but I think I remember a few here who bought it and liked it.

I have this one here.

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/products/thinkware-u1000-4k-uhd-dual-channel-cloud-dash-cam

Another really good one for a lot less money is this VIOFO A129. It has a display screen and great reviews. The only reason I didn't buy this one is the Thinkware is rated for higher temps which in need here.

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/products/viofo-a129-pro-duo-2-channel-dash-cam-with-gps

This video here was helpful when I was looking.

Okay, both of those were reasonable. I must have been looking at something wrong

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee