Rear view camera is unavailable

Leo.limited

First Name
Leonel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Limited 2017
hello friends, I have a ford ranger limited 2017 and I have a problem with my backup camera, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, when it does not give an image the following appears on the screen, rear view camera is unavailable please contact your dealership, I would like to know if a someone has happened to him and what is the most common solution, thank you very much.
Sponsored

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 Lariat - Saber
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.
Sounds like the plug for the camera could be compromised in some way. Get under the truck and find the plug in the harness that leads from the main harness to the tailgate. Unplug it, clean it, protect it, and plug it back it. Inspect the harness for damage.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Ether as mentioned a bad connection or you attempted to remove tailgate without disconnecting it and pulled on harness. That will be more fun to find

OP
OP

Leo.limited

First Name
Leonel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Limited 2017
Sounds like the plug for the camera could be compromised in some way. Get under the truck and find the plug in the harness that leads from the main harness to the tailgate. Unplug it, clean it, protect it, and plug it back it. Inspect the harness for damage.
I have read the same in some places, but I can not find a correct electrical diagram to help me identify that harness

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 Lariat - Saber
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.
I have read the same in some places, but I can not find a correct electrical diagram to help me identify that harness
Right dead center behind the license plate/registration plate/number plate (whatever you call it) there is a single harness.

Also, if you lower your tailgate and look in the gap between the bed and tailgate you can see the harness leaving the tailgate. That one.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
hello friends, I have a ford ranger limited 2017 and I have a problem with my backup camera, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, when it does not give an image the following appears on the screen, rear view camera is unavailable please contact your dealership, I would like to know if a someone has happened to him and what is the most common solution, thank you very much.
Hi Leonel,

There is a major problem with Ford backup cameras and many vehicles from your model 2017 can have the problem you describe. There is such a demand for a replacement camera that here in the USA, it is on national backorder and it will be months if not years before there will be enough cameras to fix the recall issue here in the USA. You might be lucky to see if a Ford dealer in your area has a camera in stock. I got lucky on my Lincoln Nautilus that the dealer had two cameras, one for the front and one for the back in stock for a repair where the person never returned to have the work done. Hope this makes sense.

Best,
Phil

OP
OP

Leo.limited

First Name
Leonel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Limited 2017
Right dead center behind the license plate/registration plate/number plate (whatever you call it) there is a single harness.

Also, if you lower your tailgate and look in the gap between the bed and tailgate you can see the harness leaving the tailgate. That one.

Thanks friend, I'll start checking there

ĂŤcono de validado por la comunidad

OP
OP

Leo.limited

First Name
Leonel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Limited 2017
Hi Leonel,

There is a major problem with Ford backup cameras and many vehicles from your model 2017 can have the problem you describe. There is such a demand for a replacement camera that here in the USA, it is on national backorder and it will be months if not years before there will be enough cameras to fix the recall issue here in the USA. You might be lucky to see if a Ford dealer in your area has a camera in stock. I got lucky on my Lincoln Nautilus that the dealer had two cameras, one for the front and one for the back in stock for a repair where the person never returned to have the work done. Hope this makes sense.

Best,
Phil
That's right, friend, researching my problem, I have seen what happens in many Ford models, but the solution is not always changing the camera, I hope I can solve it with what DT444T says, anyway thanks for the information
Sponsored