Sanctus Rimor

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RMT Ranger
Nice, but pricey.
I have that same camera, and got side-swiped on a narrow un-striped road. Had it not been for my camera, we both could have been found equally at fault, or I could have even lost, dependeing on who had the better lawyer. But because of the dash cam footage, other guy's insurance got to foot the whole bill. damage to my truck alone was $4500.

In my case, a cheaper cam would might still have won the case for me, but my cam clearly showed he was over center and I was not.
Sponsored

BOCTOK

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Analyst
I went with that one and it worked great, for about 10 days. Now, right after it says, "Continuous recording will now start", I get "Rear camera disconnected". I've checked the wiring connections and made sure that the cable wasn't kinked or pinched anywhere. I had gotten a couple 128GB SD-cards and thought maybe those weren't compatible, even though they worked for a week. Put the original SD-card back in and it still says rear camera disconnected. I shot an email to Ford, but haven't heard back.

I did notice, when I put the SD-card into the PC, that there is a rear camera recording every time I start the truck, but after it says that it's disconnected, there aren't any. That tells me that it's not the cable. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a recording when the truck started.

UPDATE: I contacted the vendor (OEM Ford Parts) and they said I should contact Echomaster. Echomaster sent me the install PDF and said if that didn't help, contact Thinkware. Thinkware had me do a couple of things to see what part was the problem and said the rear camera is defective and is sending a replacement. In case you have issues, don't bother with Ford or Echomaster. Thinkware will actually help.

Last edited: