First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Hawk Topper
Occupation
Retired
Anyone know where to get a replacement for a 2020 right rear taillamp ASSY? Mine got cracked and it sucks as the truck is only 3 months old.
Ford in Canada wants $1500 and I'm not paying that. Only the outer plastic is cracked, the light itself work fine.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know where to get a replacement for a 2020 right rear taillamp ASSY? Mine got cracked and it sucks as the truck is only 3 months old.
Ford in Canada wants $1500 and I'm not paying that. Only the outer plastic is cracked, the light itself work fine.
Because they have the BLISS radar in them, they are very expensive. One member glued the missing plastic piece back in and it didn't look too bad. I think others have found used tail lights from salvage yards. They still aren't cheap, but better than from the dealer.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
The BLISS is actually a separate object / item / part number and bolts into the rear tail light assembly. That $1500 doesn't even come close to touching that BLISS unit. I was luckiy and found a guy on here that sold me one that he had as part of a replacement I think it was like $400 or something. It had a few thousand miles on it and one minor scratch that I can't seem to find even if I wanted to. Check the salvage yards and ask around the mechanic shops.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
The BLISS is actually a separate object / item / part number and bolts into the rear tail light assembly. That $1500 doesn't even come close to touching that BLISS unit. I was luckiy and found a guy on here that sold me one that he had as part of a replacement I think it was like $400 or something. It had a few thousand miles on it and one minor scratch that I can't seem to find even if I wanted to. Check the salvage yards and ask around the mechanic shops.
Interesting - I thought it was a one piece unit. You would think there would have to be something that is part of the taillight unit that makes it so expensive - just an LED taillight couldn't be $1500 I wouldn't think.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Interesting - I thought it was a one piece unit. You would think there would have to be something that is part of the taillight unit that makes it so expensive - just an LED taillight couldn't be $1500 I wouldn't think.
That's what I expected too. Nope!
I think it's all of the circutry that's in there. It's pretty complicated with red plastic lenses, clear plastic lenses, frosted plastic lenses, chrome stuff and then the circuitry - and no lightbulbs to replace. Each little section has it's own circuit board with LEDs right on it.

Raptor-EU

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puraleña.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
A lot of nothing.
Vehicle Showcase
Loads of them in the chinese internet shop. Just search for ford ranger.

OP
OP
HAMMERTIME

HAMMERTIME

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Hawk Topper
Occupation
Retired
Loads of them in the chinese internet shop. Just search for ford ranger.
So far I bought red taillamp repair tape for $7.00 and from 10 feet away you can't even see it.
This will work for now until the scrap yards get some stock.

Raptor-EU

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puraleña.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
A lot of nothing.
Vehicle Showcase
So far I bought red taillamp repair tape for $7.00 and from 10 feet away you can't even see it.
This will work for now until the scrap yards get some stock.
Not too many Rangers here. So not easy to find.
And ones which drive, keep driving...

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
My LH is cracked, it's at the bottom so I'm not in a hurry but I've been looking & from what I find msrp for the led tail lamp (without the blis unit) is $1083.33. LH is part# kb3z-13405-g. Tasca is listing it for $700.50 + shipping.....other online dealers are close.

The blis unit is msrp $522.60.
Part# kb3t-14c689cc

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
There are a few on Ebay in the U.S. They're not cheap, but they're not $1500.
Sponsored