2020 Ranger FX4 bouncy rear end

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
I may just get the rears and see if that keeps it on the ground , wouldn't have to fool with the alignment at least...
Honestly, I would go with the rears only and give it couple weeks or couple hundred miles and see how you feel. It made a world of difference for me. Worst case you are out $30 on stage3 for not getting the kit with all 4.

Rears are an easy upgrade, fronts are much more difficult.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The full set of Bilsteins is at Stage 3 for $389 (and they have 44 sets in stock!)

Then you either pay for installation or DIY so costs there could vary.

My installation cost $250 but that was including a number of other things besides just the front Bilsteins (do the rears on your own. They're very easy and you can enjoy an instant improvement without having to wait for your appointment for the fronts. I installed mine with the boots facing down).

Then finally add a full alignment. Mine was $89.

You can get it all done for a bit under $1k. Mine was around $750 total and very worth it.

If I add in what I paid for my Tremor rear leafs I am in for around $1100 with my suspension and it is a vast improvement over stock, to the point that I believe I am done with the suspension.
A local reputable shop with good reviews online quoted me $1200 for labor only just to do the front struts + alignment. My local dealer service center never called me back. I think your quotes may vary in the wild.

On forums, other people who ended up paying on the higher end may not be as willing to post it. That $1200 quote was enough for me to do it with a friend who is a very good mechanic.
I went with the Eibach 2.0 kit because the Pro-Truck Sport Shock & Strut Kit wasn't in stock at the time. I paid $345.00 for the complete instal which included the alignment. I never asked them for an instal price and was really expecting it to be around $500.00 with the alignment. You're right Mike it's going to vary from area to area and I'm lucky as my local Brakes Plus is a great place and they have always treated me fair. You should be happy with your now and see a huge improvement. I know I am and wish I did this from the start instead of doing the RC 2.5" level kit.

4521dln

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger super crew xlt
Occupation
PDI tech Trailside RV
I have a 2021 Ranger XLT super crew sport. Does it have the standard xlt shocks or does the Sport package have differant shocks

OP
OP

skydude

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Pilot
Thanks for all the replies. I went through Stage3 and bought two rear Bilstein 5100s. Makes a world of difference. The front end actually feels fine, it was the back end that was awful. For such a great truck it's surprising they use such awful rear shocks.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Thanks for all the replies. I went through Stage3 and bought two rear Bilstein 5100s. Makes a world of difference. The front end actually feels fine, it was the back end that was awful. For such a great truck it's surprising they use such awful rear shocks.
Just wait until you put them on the front too :like:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just wait until you put them on the front too :like:
I did them all around right off the bat. But the whole package makes a world of difference over the stock set up. I wish I never messed with the level kit 3 years ago and just did the full suspension. Live and learn.
Sponsored