Rear e locker

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
If you're wondering yes all the stuff in there is correct. I already understand that on the non elocker diffs that the ring gear is welded to the diff........ Probably one of Fords better ideas if you ask me......
Frenchy how ya doing? Question for ya. What where do I get forscan? I want to make sure I don't buy a weird software. Also the new axle assembly should have predrilled holes for the sub harness right? Or is that some thing I should worry about?

Dealers doesn't want to do any work since it was not built in the truck and 4wheel parts are willing to bolt it on but they don't want to touch the software/wiring. Trying to assess if I should still pull the trigger or wait for the torsen now lol. Thanks again for your help!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Frenchy how ya doing? Question for ya. What where do I get forscan? I want to make sure I don't buy a weird software. Also the new axle assembly should have predrilled holes for the sub harness right? Or is that some thing I should worry about?

Dealers doesn't want to do any work since it was not built in the truck and 4wheel parts are willing to bolt it on but they don't want to touch the software/wiring. Trying to assess if I should still pull the trigger or wait for the torsen now lol. Thanks again for your help!
There is an answer for that. The axle assembly with the locker will already have the plug in a pre drilled hole ready to go. The harness will have to be bought separately most likely as I suspect it will not come with the axle. How to get that part number? Have a member with a locker(not me unfortunately) look at the part number on the harness and get a picture. Then order it through the dealer.

For scan is simple. Here is the site.
https://forscan.org/home.html

If you go PC based over mobile base I suggest the following dongle
https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-ex/?ref=forscan

Dont forget to get your Forscan membership. Mind you that you can do the free membership multiple times but after a while im sure they would prefer you buy a membership

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
There is an answer for that. The axle assembly with the locker will already have the plug in a pre drilled hole ready to go. The harness will have to be bought separately most likely as I suspect it will not come with the axle. How to get that part number? Have a member with a locker(not me unfortunately) look at the part number on the harness and get a picture. Then order it through the dealer.

For scan is simple. Here is the site.
https://forscan.org/home.html

If you go PC based over mobile base I suggest the following dongle
https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-ex/?ref=forscan

Dont forget to get your Forscan membership. Mind you that you can do the free membership multiple times but after a while im sure they would prefer you buy a membership

Thank you!

Seamoose

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Military
I just pulled the trigger on a Eaton Elocker for my rear. A few of us are heading to Moab this so I figured it would be an asset. I was not a fan of the ARB due to the extreme cold we can get up here (-45C). Took some doing but i not have it in my garage and will have it installed come Tuesday. I will give an update once it is installed.

parts.jpg

parts1.jpg

parts2.jpg

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
I just pulled the trigger on a Eaton Elocker for my rear. A few of us are heading to Moab this so I figured it would be an asset. I was not a fan of the ARB due to the extreme cold we can get up here (-45C). Took some doing but i not have it in my garage and will have it installed come Tuesday. I will give an update once it is installed.

parts.jpg

parts1.jpg

parts2.jpg
Post lots of photos!

Best of luck on the install.

Frank

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

parts.jpg

parts1.jpg

parts2.jpg
Here is to hoping it works. The locker diff and non locking diffs are different splines

Seamoose

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Military
this is made for the open diff fits with the....m200...m220....not made for the locking diff.

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Nice! Keep us posted man. I was thinking of doing something similar and appreciate the info.

Seamoose

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Military
So I saw the post about the ring gear being welded on AFTER my diff was opened. So now I need to try and order one. Dealerships say the are back ordered. Now its trying to find one........

pwrplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
@Seamoose I'm Interested in your progress on this as I have been considering doing the same. Where you able to find a ring gear and install the new unit?

Seamoose

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Military
So I saw the post about the ring gear being welded on AFTER my diff was opened. So now I need to try and order one. Dealerships say the are back ordered. Now its trying to find one........

Stage 3 Motorsports.

Seamoose

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Military
Getting it installed next Thursday. Updates after that.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
So i understand there is a bit of work needed to put in an elocker from the Factory if you dont have one and I have found out that if you can get the sub harness for the rear axle you are just about ready. My question is do you have to just enable the rear locker or do you have to change a digit in the programming?
Chris, I though your Ranger met a sudden end with a cow? Or am I thinking of someone else?

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Chris, I though your Ranger met a sudden end with a cow? Or am I thinking of someone else?
That was me, but if you notice that post was from well before that happend.

Seamoose

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Military
ITS IN!!! . I’ll post pics but you need two bearings that have the wrong numbers on the Stage3 website the pinion bearings. Now the break in period.
Sponsored