Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @Randy2400h , Any chance you still have that Nuna Pipa laying around? I'm looking at infant seats now, and was curious how it would fit into the Ranger.
I do have the Nuba Pipa still around. We have one Nina pipa and two car seat bases that stayed attached in both of our vehicles. We had moved over to the Chico Nextfit Zip car seat just as I got the Ranger in February of 2019, so I don’t think I got a chance to test it. But with kiddo #2 due in October it’s time I tested it out. I will get back to you when I’m back home next week if you’re still interested. The Nuna Pipa itself is great, it’s lightweight and goes in and out of its case seat base with ease.
Sponsored

conwash

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Splash
Occupation
Product Manager
This is an old thread, but since the pictures posted previously aren't loading anymore, I wonder if anyone out there has recent pictures they can upload? Particularly of any rear-facing car seats.

I am expecting my first child this fall, and I am trying to do as much research as possible... and encouragement that rear-facing car seats are feasible and I can hang on to the Ranger a tad longer.

Ugly_Betty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Graco Extend-2-Fit 3 in 1 in the back seat of my 2019. My wife is 5-10 and didn't complain about legroom up front. If you're going with a rear-facing only infant seat, it'll be a bit longer so less legroom up front. Should fit no problem. Be aware of which seat you get as most subscribe to the 80/20 rule, meaning 80% of the seat must be on the vehicle seat and only 20% can overhang. Ranger back seat is also pitched back quite a bit so you may struggle with getting the recline angle correct. Just food for thought.

You can go here to find a certified child passenger safety tech to help you with the correct install. https://portalskcms.cyzap.net/dzapp...ge?webid=SKCMS&pToolCode=CERT-SEARCH&pAdd=Yes

IMG_5509.jpeg

conwash

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Splash
Occupation
Product Manager
Graco Extend-2-Fit 3 in 1 in the back seat of my 2019. My wife is 5-10 and didn't complain about legroom up front. If you're going with a rear-facing only infant seat, it'll be a bit longer so less legroom up front. Should fit no problem. Be aware of which seat you get as most subscribe to the 80/20 rule, meaning 80% of the seat must be on the vehicle seat and only 20% can overhang. Ranger back seat is also pitched back quite a bit so you may struggle with getting the recline angle correct. Just food for thought.

You can go here to find a certified child passenger safety tech to help you with the correct install. https://portalskcms.cyzap.net/dzapp...ge?webid=SKCMS&pToolCode=CERT-SEARCH&pAdd=Yes

IMG_5509.jpeg
Thanks for the quick reply! So much information to learn in the months to come, like the 80/20 rule which is news to me!

Fortunately, my wife and I are not the largest of humans, 5'8" and 5'2" respectively, so I can scoot her seat up a bit if needed, ha!

I may need to find a friend or find a shop that would let me test it out first. We have a VW SUV as well, but it would be nice to have a car seat that is compatible with both.

Ugly_Betty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Thanks for the quick reply! So much information to learn in the months to come, like the 80/20 rule which is news to me!

Fortunately, my wife and I are not the largest of humans, 5'8" and 5'2" respectively, so I can scoot her seat up a bit if needed, ha!

I may need to find a friend or find a shop that would let me test it out first. We have a VW SUV as well, but it would be nice to have a car seat that is compatible with both.
If you're able to move that front seat up a bunch, I would be surprised if you have trouble fitting an infant seat in there. Their dimensions are all available so you could always at least measure for fit. Good luck, and I can't recommend going to see Car Seat Tech enough. I'm one here in my area and MOST folks get the install wrong.
Sponsored