Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hi Tracy,

At least if you get some snow and it sticks, you will not be able to see parking stripes in the parking lot, eh? :)

best,
Phil
True, true. :crackup: Don’t think I’m going to have anything to worry about though.?
Sponsored

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Sounds like you’re prepared. Wishing you a safe trip.
It was fine. The only part that was truly sketch was the mile from my house to the next road. that mile hasn't been plowed and there's close to a foot of snow down by now. The next road was plowed, but not salted. packed snow was fine to drive on, but I could see 2wd vehicles having some trouble on the hills where 4wd just motored through. One of them I did use 4lo on when I was climbing up because it was steeper and people's tracks just went all over the place because they were sliding around.

the part of town where I went was just slushy and had maybe 1/3 as much snow as my neighborhood. kinda wild. but as I got closer to home, I hit a slippery spot on a gradual climb and the rear end of the truck kicked out. I was in 2wd at the time, and surprised traction control didn't kick in. I recovered fine and decided that was a fine spot to use 4wd.

No ditches were entered. No shoveling was needed. Surprisingly, I didn't see any other folks in ditches, either.

Damn southerners honking and flipping me off for busting up the snow/slush at the edge of the lane.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
It was fine. The only part that was truly sketch was the mile from my house to the next road. that mile hasn't been plowed and there's close to a foot of snow down by now. The next road was plowed, but not salted. packed snow was fine to drive on, but I could see 2wd vehicles having some trouble on the hills where 4wd just motored through. One of them I did use 4lo on when I was climbing up because it was steeper and people's tracks just went all over the place because they were sliding around.

the part of town where I went was just slushy and had maybe 1/3 as much snow as my neighborhood. kinda wild. but as I got closer to home, I hit a slippery spot on a gradual climb and the rear end of the truck kicked out. I was in 2wd at the time, and surprised traction control didn't kick in. I recovered fine and decided that was a fine spot to use 4wd.

No ditches were entered. No shoveling was needed. Surprisingly, I didn't see any other folks in ditches, either.

Damn southerners honking and flipping me off for busting up the snow/slush at the edge of the lane.
Those dang southerners! Glad you made it! While constantly going outside in the freezing cold looking for flurries, I’ve about decided to just chill out and let you snow getting folks just have it. I just cannot tolerate these cold temps.? I wouldn’t be able to stay outside very long to enjoy it much.:crackup:

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Those dang southerners! Glad you made it! While constantly going outside in the freezing cold looking for flurries, I’ve about decided to just chill out and let you snow getting folks just have it. I just cannot tolerate these cold temps.? I wouldn’t be able to stay outside very long to enjoy it much.:crackup:
it's not cold enough for this kind of snow. it's just barely below freezing, so that when you're out shoveling it, it melts and soaks through your clothes. it needs to be colder so it just brushes off.

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Sunday afternoon and waiting for the snow to start here in central PA. Forecast is 2" to 4" followed by a sleet/freezing rain, then more snow tomorrow. I most likely won't find out how the Ranger goes in the snow since I use the Mountaineer (AWD) to go back and forth to the farm to take care of the horses (kept the old Mountaineer so I don't have to trash my new truck with hay, shavings and mud or manure from barn boots). Normally I drive the Ranger to work but don't know if I'll go in tomorrow, depends if we get the sleet/icy mix.

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Went out and hunted my property on Bull Run Mountain this evening. Got about 3-4" of snow while I was there and the Ranger made it out, down a pretty steep and rutted trail, with minimal swearing. I remain impressed with the Ranger's ability off-road and I never thought twice about today's trip even though not making it out at the end of the day would mean being stranded on the mountain until tomorrow. Wish I had taken a few pictures but I was pretty focused on not taking any 'detours'.

RescueMe1060

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2021 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Dept. of Public Works
I guess the real question is how does the truck handle with the stock Hankook tires, I haven't bought new tires yet and I'll be up in the mountains in about 2 weeks

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Woooo hooooooo, SNOW DAY!!! I got out early to play this morning. No ploughs on my road yet, because he was in the ditch, lol. Not bad, just his right rears barely off the road, but enough to park him. I stopped, we joked about me pulling him out, then I was off.

Only about 1 foot or so, but 30mph wind, so lots of big drifts lake side and the access road. I saw my neighbour in the ditch in her summer tire Jeep...

HER - I was just driving along, not even at the speed limit. The tow truck is on the way.
ME - Well, that's probably too fast for those tire and these conditions.
HER - No, I have a 4x4, and I'm late for work!!!
ME - Oh, 4x4? Ya me too plus I have snow tires, and I was doing about half the limit. Either way, jump in I'll get you out.

I got her out, cleaned up and I start driving. 1/4 mile later she passes me, losses control and in the ditch again, but 40 feet off the road this time. I saw her wave that she was okay, and I kept going.

Pulled an Audi out a few miles later, again summer tires with the "I'm in an AWD" attitude. Then I hooked on the front of a Taco who was hooked to a 3/4 Ram and we barely pulled him out.

That was my limit, lol. I passed a dozen small cars stuck on the shoulder, or half out of driveways that they chose to run the windrow instead of shoveling first.

Back home now, and watching my dog play in the snow now. He disappears in the big drifts, then bounces out like a Jack-in-the-box LMAO.

Michelin X-Ice Snow SUV performed amazingly!!!

SNOW DAY!!!!!!

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Had a recall appointment on the Fusion so didn't have time for before pics. Plows came and had to shovel that and 12" drifts. So much for the 2"s we were supposed to get. Ranger made it through the drift in front of it, did have to use 4 hi. Tried out snow mode, first time since I added it. Did well. Of course the Fusion made it to the dealer too so it wasn't terrible out there. Was fun playing around a little, though not for my daughter. She thought we were going to get stuck when I was drifting through the neighborhood. :LOL:
20220117_082009.jpg

My wife is out in the Ranger now. First time in the snow. I told here how to use 4wd and snow mode in case she gets stuck but she should be fine otherwise. :eek:
Edit: She dis have to use 4Hi to get up a slight incline and put it back in 2wd afterward. Now it needs washed. Maybe she will go out and hand wash it. ? :giggle:
20220117_134756.jpg

Now back out to pick the Fusion. Damn airbags.

Last edited:

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I guess the real question is how does the truck handle with the stock Hankook tires, I haven't bought new tires yet and I'll be up in the mountains in about 2 weeks
I was out in the stock hankooks yesterday. Not too bad. could be better, sure. but the roads are gonna be clear here by the end of the day, I think. lots of bright sunshine right now. though there will probably be enough refreeze and icing overnight that tomorrow morning will suck again.

Time for me to get out and shovel the remainder of the snow off the driveway so it can get some sun and hopefully start to dry out a bit.

RayO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
I have no pictures to show but today's snow storm here in southern Ontario has closed a lot of highways! I was able to get into work no problem, a little late however only due to the idiots on the road. The Ranger performed over and above it's ability. I was pushing snow down the road at some points, especially where the snow plow blocked the streets.
My favorite feature is the SNOW option on the transmission. LOL the sales man called it SPORT mode. In 4x4 high mode it was like driving a standard truck. Used the transmission for braking on hills gearing down and crawled past stuck rigs on the hills going up.
Not to mention I did not put snow tires on this season because of how new it is.
Love this truck.