First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Hey I grew up in western NE (near Scottsbluff). I live in northern Wisconsin now but still have some family scattered around out there.
I worked for the RR in Edgemont SD for a while.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
Hey I grew up in western NE (near Scottsbluff). I live in northern Wisconsin now but still have some family scattered around out there.
Love the Sandhills and out west. Scottsbluff/Gering love it out there! They get crappy weather just like us in south central......this last go around of snow was just the eastern 1/2 half.........out west hardly got any at all!

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Love the Sandhills and out west. Scottsbluff/Gering love it out there! They get crappy weather just like us in south central......this last go around of snow was just the eastern 1/2 half.........out west hardly got any at all!
Drove through the Sandhills last summer on the way to the Bad lands. Pretty country and a nice drive that kept me off the interstate

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
Drove through the Sandhills last summer on the way to the Bad lands. Pretty country and a nice drive that kept me off the interstate
Pretty country indeed! Never get tired of driving through the sandhills!

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Snow here is minimal guys. Must be over 100" behind normal so photos are few.. Here is ice skating on the canal since we have low snow. Rare occurrence.
425880476_10232035658538586_8004763711632010113_n.jpg

Last edited:

Brianj67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Firefighter
I assume those are snow tires?
They aren't actually considered a "True" snow tire. They are a M&S tire(mud and snow) but not 3 peak rated. I doubt I will run them next winter but they performed as well as my Cooper Discover AT3S I had on my previous truck. They are only a couple of months old so max tread. I was impressed with how well they dug in today.

Fazzie01

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Engineer
First winter with my 2021 XLT Sport. New Michelin Defender LTX tires. Fun day today! :)
tempImagedqbfYB.png
What is all that white stuff? I am unfamiliar with it. Looks cold. It was a little chilly in Florida this morning, a bone-chilling 56F.

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
They aren't actually considered a "True" snow tire. They are a M&S tire(mud and snow) but not 3 peak rated. I doubt I will run them next winter but they performed as well as my Cooper Discover AT3S I had on my previous truck. They are only a couple of months old so max tread. I was impressed with how well they dug in today.
Now sure where you reside but most people here run snows.

Brianj67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Firefighter
What is all that white stuff? I am unfamiliar with it. Looks cold. It was a little chilly in Florida this morning, a bone-chilling 56F.
Hahah, not going to lie, we have had a pretty soft winter so far. Last two days we have seen close to two feet of snow. Being near the ocean(Nova Scotia) many of our snow events turn to rain. This system has decided to stay just far enough off shore to make it wintery.

Brianj67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Firefighter
Now sure where you reside but most people here run snows.
I live in Nova Scotia, East Coast of Canada. We have fairly mild winters compared to a lot of places up here. With the tires being brand new and 4x4 I wasn't too concerned running these tires. Having said that, today I was wondering how they would perform. Like I mentioned, they were as good as my Coopers. I'm always shopping for a set of winter rims to mount some snow tires. After today though I am much more confident in their abilities.
Sponsored