First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCab
Occupation
audio / semi retired
Don’t use paid radio, but travel a lot and use the trucks wifi. My phone is Verizon; truck is ATT. That covers me most places, but not everywhere.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Davidjc

Davidjc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Super Crew
Occupation
Retired LEO
I like the Sirius XM, but every year when the re-up your bill, it is way higher. I call in and tell them I'm canceling due to cost. They say just a minute, we're running deal right now, and suddenly the cost is one-half. Have done that three times.
Yeah, I had it on wife's highlander and a jeep for $5/mo each. Just got tired of calling everytime it jumped to $15/mo to argue it back down. Bad business model.​

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
I didn't really care for XM, the channels I listened to had way to small a playlist and songs just repeated way too much.

I do have the Wifi, I have Google Fi (T-Mo) and there are a few areas I go that along the way AT&T is better. I work remote sometimes and if the cell phone ain't getting the coverage, the truck normally is.

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
ATT WIFI: no, if required I set my Verizon iPhone to hotspot or tell my pax to use their own data on their phones

XM radio: no, over 600 songs on my iPhone, audible books, free pandora, free Spotify, free iheart...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Gonna have to try that. I love SiriusXM as I like knowing all my favorite channels no matter where I am. I find the comedy channels are a life saver on long drives where fatique and dozing off creeps up on you. Nothing keeps you awake like laughing your ass off.
James, I call every year about a week before mine is up. I get renewed for $60.00/yr for the basic package which doesn't in crude the sports stations but I never listen to those anyways. Sometimes you have to call a couple times to get a different rep. but they'll eventually give you a deal.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
James, I call every year about a week before mine is up. I get renewed for $60.00/yr for the basic package which doesn't in crude the sports stations but I never listen to those anyways. Sometimes you have to call a couple times to get a different rep. but they'll eventually give you a deal.
Good to know.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I just got a deal! Thanks!

donsmith

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Television cameraman and video editor
I tried the truck ATT Hotspot in my ‘22 Ranger Lariat so my wife could work on her laptop. However, despite two different trips on interstate freeways, the connection kept getting interrupted. She had a much better connection on her phone’s Verizon Hotspot.

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
Never had a need for the built-in WIFI, so never tried it. As far as XM, I use it because I haven't had to pay for it yet. 25 months and counting!
Sponsored