Wifi “pending”

TICKLE ZOMBIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT 2WD Sport
Hi,

Recently purchased my Ranger and it has the wifi hotspot and even though I have a free trial I went ahead and purchased a plan.

The plan is in “pending” status and my wifi won’t connect despite following the video on setup.

According to my phone the hotspot is connected but if I try to open any apps, the app will give me”no connection or offline” notice.

Is the pending status to blame? I do have a call into AT&T but am on hold until June 15, 2875. ?
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

Recently purchased my Ranger and it has the wifi hotspot and even though I have a free trial I went ahead and purchased a plan.

The plan is in “pending” status and my wifi won’t connect despite following the video on setup.

According to my phone the hotspot is connected but if I try to open any apps, the app will give me”no connection or offline” notice.

Is the pending status to blame? I do have a call into AT&T but am on hold until June 15, 2875. ?
I think you should delay paying your bill until June 16, 2875.... :crackup:

Seriously I'm not sure too many people have actually used the hotspot from the truck. I know I never even played with it. I use the hotspot from my phone if I need something like that.

If I had to just make a total guess, I would guess that it is due to the pending status - something didn't quite make it thru yet.

OP
OP
TICKLE ZOMBIE

TICKLE ZOMBIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My main reason for the wifi hotspot is to be able to listen to Pandora and Spotify without having to use my cell phone data plan.

Or is this not how wifi hotspot works?

I think you should delay paying your bill until June 16, 2875.... :crackup:

Seriously I'm not sure too many people have actually used the hotspot from the truck. I know I never even played with it. I use the hotspot from my phone if I need something like that.

If I had to just make a total guess, I would guess that it is due to the pending status - something didn't quite make it thru yet.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
My main reason for the wifi hotspot is to be able to listen to Pandora and Spotify without having to use my cell phone data plan.

Or is this not how wifi hotspot works?
You can certainly use it that way. Most cell phone plans anymore are either unlimited data or pretty generous with data. The one advantage that the truck MIGHT have is that it might have a slightly better antenna for the cell service - meaning your signal might be a bit stronger.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Call them and tell them you also want the $5 discount. I had a problem with mine switching from the trial and paid version. Just took a couple minutes on the phone to straighten it out and found out about the discount if you ask for it.

OP
OP
TICKLE ZOMBIE

TICKLE ZOMBIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I signed up due to the discount. ?
Do you have the direct number? Any AT&T number I call only gets me connected with someone who thinks I’m calling about cell or home internet. ?

Call them and tell them you also want the $5 discount. I had a problem with mine switching from the trial and paid version. Just took a couple minutes on the phone to straighten it out and found out about the discount if you ask for it.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator