Ranger vs. Cadillac XT5?

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
The wife rode with me today for a Home Depot run (60 miles round trip) and only the third time the Ranger has been out. Just a few miles into the trip she said "This thing rides as good as my car (new Cadillac XT5 Luxury)" Me: "It's a good riding truck" Wife: "It's quieter than my car". Me: "It is quiet isn't it". Five miles later, Wife: "And you're gonna use this for work?" Me: "YEP"! :rockon:
Sponsored

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
The wife rode with me today for a Home Depot run (60 miles round trip) and only the third time the Ranger has been out. Just a few miles into the trip she said "This thing rides as good as my car (new Cadillac XT5 Luxury)" Me: "It's a good riding truck" Wife: "It's quieter than my car". Me: "It is quiet isn't it". Five miles later, Wife: "And you're gonna use this for work?" Me: "YEP"! :rockon:
My Wife says the same thing about her Honda Pilot EVERY TIME she rides in the Ranger! :clap:

Mick Carlson

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Yep - My wife loves my Ranger because it’s so smooth and quiet. She drives a 2018 Subaru Forester, which is a pretty nice ride, too. I’m really happy with my Ranger. Love driving it to work every day. Definitely one of the best automotive decisions I’ve made.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My Wife says the same thing about her Honda Pilot EVERY TIME she rides in the Ranger! :clap:
My wife is on her third CRV. We started Leasing because I always want her in a new vehicle. She works a few nights a week in a piano bar. So she gets home pretty late. Since I'm a night owl I stay up for her. We both played in a band all summer outside at a hotel on the ocean

765888_o.jpg

Last edited:

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Love the ride in my Ranger - but I will say the wife's VW atlas is a really nice ride and its the reason I kicked my Jeep to the curb for the ranger. No complaints about my ranger ride sometimes with my heated seats and sitting in traffic I feel like I could take a very nice nap.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Well jeez, you guys have great wives. My wife always complains how crappy my Ranger rides. :lipssealed:

Tim L.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 Sabre; 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4Matic
The other vehicle is a 2020 Mercedes GLE. While the Ranger certaintly drives like a truck as expected, and the Benz drive is the smoothest and interior luxury top-notch, the Ranger holds its own in terms of cabin comfort, noise, tech and driving experience.

OP
OP
The Long Ranger

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
Update: I had to drive the XT5 to Columbia S.C. today for my first long drive in it. Ate lunch and came home, 390 miles round trip. Good mixture of roads from crappy two lane gravel to smooth interstate. Gotta say that the Caddy was impressive. Drove the Ranger 360 miles Friday in dry and wet conditions. I was impressed with it too. But it's apples against oranges. I will say that the lane assist on the Caddy is way better than the Ford though. At least as far as supple behavior. The Ranger is more aggressive in response. One note about the Ranger. I was on a divided 4 lane in the country. No one else in sight. I came to a wide bending curve and released the wheel. It took the curve and straightened itself out. Don't know if t he XT will do that or not. I'd better not try it on my wife's car!:)
Sponsored