Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's kind of like an aftermarket exhaust on a 4 cylinder, some people love them and some detest them.
"To each his own"

Though it kind of reminds me of the4 cyl Asian badges with the fart pipe exhaust that makes noise but not nearly as bad..
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat as well as many other vehicles.
Occupation
Making Car Parts!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Dokkenmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Xlt Sport Supercrew 2wd
Does your system have it's own valve or how does it interface with stock valve? Thanks!
It just bolts on underneath the stock bov. It comes with 3 longer screws for the added height. Just take off the 3 8mm factory screws and use a phillips head to install the new ones. It takes a few minutes to install and you can't really mess it up. Basically the spacer has cutouts in it so when the bov vents you hear it. There's no moving parts

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It just bolts on underneath the stock bov. It comes with 3 longer screws for the added height. Just take off the 3 8mm factory screws and use a phillips head to install the new ones. It takes a few minutes to install and you can't really mess it up. Basically the spacer has cutouts in it so when the bov vents you hear it. There's no moving parts
I don't understand why the GFV's brass piston won't work...o_O I'm guessing the whole stack up will to too tall to clear the hood?

Dokkenmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't understand why the GFV's brass piston won't work...o_O I'm guessing the whole stack up will to too tall to clear the hood?
If the GFV adds height to the stock bov it probably would be too tall. I was very apprehensive closing the hood the first time after I installed the spacer.

Dokkenmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Word to the wise, you can't tune with a blow off valve that vents to atmosphere AFAIK. It took me months to figure out why my truck would go into limp mode when I tuned it.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Word to the wise, you can't tune with a blow off valve that vents to atmosphere AFAIK. It took me months to figure out why my truck would go into limp mode when I tuned it.
even something like a turbosmart dual port?

Dokkenmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
even something like a turbosmart dual port?
According to subaru, Mitsubishi, and Focus ST owners the valve needs to recirculate air back into the engine because the computer has already accounted for the return air. The lack of returning air results in a rich condition that can't be fixed with a tune.

I have no idea how much air is enough but the most common advice is to skip vta bovs if you intend to tune.

MagnetiK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I had this problem with my 91 mr2 turbo. From what I remember a bypass valve is different than a blow off valve because one is meant to be atmospheric and the other is returned back and measured by the air flow meter.

Here is a good short article I searched that explains the differences BOV v.s BPV

It also says in the article that a BPV spacer like boomba's would make a BPV 100% atmospheric without issues if not tuned and left stock.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.