Threads
Reaction score
Website
fordrangerlifts.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger Fx4
Occupation
Fabricator
Can I ask how and where on earth you got the wires through the firewall? I mounted my ditch lights and cannot for the life of me get the wires through.
Skip to 5:32 to see what I used. No poking holes, no wires in cab. Email me [email protected] for more details.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 773

Ranger vs Superduty!

Added the Bushwacker rocker guards today, looks pretty good. Pics tomorrow in the daylight.

4DCDFD8A-CB2E-4C36-83BB-E0CDB95A9FD2.jpeg

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
I’m considering adding the bushwackers. If you have any pics of the full truck from the side I’d appreciate it!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the photos...mine's coming Tuesday and I can't wait:like:

BTW, I painted the bar code white sticker on the frame and key holes on door/bed flat black for added stealth...would look great on your Magnetic...
bk48L0F.jpg

1Iq0r2e.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 773

Thanks for the photos...mine's coming Tuesday and I can't wait:like:

BTW, I painted the bar code white sticker on the frame and key holes on door/bed flat black for added stealth...would look great on your Magnetic...
bk48L0F.jpg

1Iq0r2e.jpg
That looks good! I think I’ll do that

OP
OP

Deleted member 773

Towed the boat finally, at 600 lbs total the truck doesn’t care, need to get a drop hitch instead of the triple ball.

Carrying 10’ long boards in a 5’ bed is a fun one, didn’t want to go the dakine tailgate pad route so I welded up a crossbar that straps in on the bed rails. Works pretty good, allows easy access to the bed with the boards in which is nice. I’m planning on making a roof rack that will strap in too. Don’t want to drill holes or have anything permanent.

1762B505-70CF-400E-95DC-F156DC3A3859.jpeg

4FAEE472-B5D5-4E08-A582-C99E3DB7D1B7.jpeg

9E214023-37B5-449A-BABD-60954DEF9524.jpeg

Roger White

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Get a metal coat hanger, straighten it out, bend a small tear drop shape loop on one end, from inside of the truck under the dash, poke the other end of the coat hanger through the main wiring harness rubber grommet and then at an upward angle out into the engine bay. I try to stay near the edge of the grommet so you don’t knick a wire. Thread your wires through the loop on the end of the coat hanger and pull it all through the firewall. The grommet will seal up pretty good around your wires.
Is this the wiring harness everyone is talking about to route wires/coax thru the firewall? Can you point out where you should go thru go thru the rubber grommet? Many thanks!..............Roger

Ranger Wiring Harness_Hood Release Cable.jpg

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Can I ask how and where on earth you got the wires through the firewall? I mounted my ditch lights and cannot for the life of me get the wires through.
The auto parts store carriers a screwdriver looking tool that has a pointed end and hollow, so you can run a wire through it once you poke a hole in a rubber gromet with it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 773

Is this the wiring harness everyone is talking about to route wires/coax thru the firewall? Can you point out where you should go thru go thru the rubber grommet? Many thanks!..............Roger

Ranger Wiring Harness_Hood Release Cable.jpg
Yes, I went through the left side of that mid way between the wires and the edge of the grommet.

Roger White

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Yes, I went through the left side of that mid way between the wires and the edge of the grommet.
Thanks! Getting ready to run DC wires & RG58 coax if it will ever get below 90 degrees here in DFW area. Looks like net week will be a good time.

Thanks,

Roger

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
The auto parts store carriers a screwdriver looking tool that has a pointed end and hollow, so you can run a wire through it once you poke a hole in a rubber gromet with it.
Are you kidding me? That would have been very handy a few months ago.
Sponsored