First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Did both the clearance lights, mirrors and turn signals in mine. I've gotten used to the fast flash in the vehicle but it sometimes catches attention of the passengers. The turn signals still blink normally outside the cab, that is all I'm concerned with.
Getting rid of the hyper-flash on the turn signals is a quick change in Forscan. No need to add resisters, just a setting change. I have switchbacks in mine, so they are Amber for turn and white for parking.
Sponsored

Pat Herbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 corvette and a 2019 Ranger
Well of course bad things can happen anywhere. I would agree that anyone who doesn't believe that is delusional. Anything is possible. But every choice is about playing the odds. And the likelihood of someone coming into my driveway and stealing the taillights off my truck is about as low as it can be. Definitely much lower than it is for the majority of the population in this country. The only true way to be safe and secure is live in a bubble, do nothing, experience nothing, and have nothing.

And to be clear, I do lock my truck at night when I leave it outside, if I remember. But the point is I don't feel I need to. And I also have camera's in my driveway to catch and record any erroneous activity. But to date, the most exciting things I've captured in the years I've lived here have been the mail lady delivering packages, a wolf strolling through, and a fox killing a rabbit on my front stoop. My life is definitely more nature documentary than it is police procedural.

We all have different things to be worried about where we live. I'm more worried about four legged animals than two legged at this point.

Still from the wolf clip:
1594154267703.png
Still to close to Minneapolis for me 8 states away is better. (kidding)

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
holy crap... and i thought my HOA was bad. you cant even have a car in your driveway??? thats insane. what happens if you have friends over for drinks? are they supposed to drive home drunk so they dont leave a car in the driveway overnight?
Hi Andrew,

We can have folks over, and if guests staying overnight it is okay as well. However if you have visitors for a week...You will need to contact a board member to inform. The approval is granted but we are limited to 2 weeks. And you know what they say...fish and company smell after three days, eh? Anyway there is fexibility. What happened to a friend was their garage door broke while they were trying to enter. Garage Door Company told them at the time, Wayne Dalton, that it would be three weeks before they could get to them. Association was understanding at the time. I happened to be able to fix the door and there were no worries. We did have a neighbor that parked an enclosed trailer that they used to haul junk...they are hoarders and parked it in the drive for many months..ignored the Association letters etc. They were fined $100 a day until corrected and they thumbed their nose at the Association. Well...the Association put a lien on their property...Guess what...they tried to sell the place but could not until the lien was satisfied. I am okay with this, but fought for the fact that I could not plant a Petunia without board approval and they had 45 days to consider. As I was Web Master for the Association, I partitioned the board and won. Now you can plant what ever you want as long as it does not grow taller than six feet.

So HOAs are a pain in the ass, but I read the rules and decided to build my house here, so abide by the rules and fight to change the absurd rules. Another example, If you had an oil spot from a car that leaked oil on your drive, you were required to replace the pad of concrete...That meant that if a car leaked a spot of oil in my 10' x 10' segment I had to replace it at my expense. I raised holy hell and rallied the neighbors and the HOA again relented. I feel like sometimes this is like Congress in Washington DC. Sheehs!

Take away...if you do not like a rule, fight it and if you loose, abide by the rule. If you win...Yea!
So far it is Me 3 and HOA zero! Been here 15 years.

Rant over!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Did both the clearance lights, mirrors and turn signals in mine. I've gotten used to the fast flash in the vehicle but it sometimes catches attention of the passengers. The turn signals still blink normally outside the cab, that is all I'm concerned with.
Curious, where are your clearance lights located?