First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
I hope this isn't a dumb question, but here goes: The equipment sheet on my XLT says "TAILLAMPS - LED" ... does that mean the tail/stop and backup lights are all LED or only the tail/stop lights?
Sponsored

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Everything inside your tail light housing is Led! Backup lights and all!

OP
OP
JimH

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Great! I don't have to buy any more LEDs!

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Gr8 for reliability, not so gr8 for serviceability, if any of the lamps contained within go out, the unit must be replaced as an assembly. Though I am sure some electronics wiz will hack a way around that soon.

Rear, Stop And Flasher Lamp Assembly Part #: 13405Rear Lamps
Usages:

LH, 12/01/2018, TFG Ranger 2019-, BLIS With CTA W/Trailer Lite
Most parts available next business day.

Your Price: $1,083.33

MSRP: $1,083.33

Granted, this is with blind spot monitoring, but $1100 will be a lot to swallow.
I suspect that there is already a black market for this item, glad my 2020 Lariat has a locking tailgate, that should slow the would be thief down somewhat.

OP
OP
JimH

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Wow! At that price, I sure hope nothing goes wrong! I do have a locking tailgate, and truck stays in the garage at night, so thieves should be deferred here as well. Thanks for the information...

Deleted member 1634

Once again I feel sorry for you guys in areas where someone stealing your taillights is something you need to worry about. Another reminder to me why I choose to live in a place where I can leave my truck outside and unlocked all night without worry if I want.

Slash3040

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Audio Video Technician
It's the world we live in I'm afraid. We live in a relatively safe neighborhood but I still lock up my truck every night and my MX4 keeps anyone out of my bed

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's the world we live in I'm afraid. We live in a relatively safe neighborhood but I still lock up my truck every night and my MX4 keeps anyone out of my bed
Our HOA requires all cars and trucks at night are parked in a garage and the door is down. Reason is you cannot easily tell if someone is home or not, and hopefully the criminals will give up trying to guess and go elsewhere.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Once again I feel sorry for you guys in areas where someone stealing your taillights is something you need to worry about. Another reminder to me why I choose to live in a place where I can leave my truck outside and unlocked all night without worry if I want.
You are truly fortunate Matt to live in an area which allows you such freedoms, as Sam stated it is indeed the world we live in now where many of us must be ever vigilant to protect our personal property.
Because of the Covid 19 virus, tourism has dropped dramatically here, these visitors are usually the victims of thieves here, most of them addicted to "ice" (we call them chronics). With the lack of visitors they've turned to residents to feed their habit.
My nephew, a strapping 28 year old construction worker here caught one of them attempting to steal the catalytic converters off his lifted F-250 right in his driveway early morning last week. The thieves tool of choice is a battery operated sawzall.
Kawika (my nephew's name and Hawaiian for David) put the perp in an ICU for several days, not sure if he used the tool on the thief, but I would not be the least surprised as he's been burglarized several times.

Deleted member 1634

You are truly fortunate Matt to live in an area which allows you such freedoms, as Sam stated it is indeed the world we live in now where many of us must be ever vigilant to protect our personal property.
Because of the Covid 19 virus, tourism has dropped dramatically here, these visitors are usually the victims of thieves here, most of them addicted to "ice" (we call them chronics). With the lack of visitors they've turned to residents to feed their habit.
My nephew, a strapping 28 year old construction worker here caught one of them attempting to steal the catalytic converters off his lifted F-250 right in his driveway early morning last week. The thieves tool of choice is a battery operated sawzall.
Kawika (my nephew's name and Hawaiian for David) put the perp in an ICU for several days, not sure if he used the tool on the thief, but I would not be the least surprised as he's been burglarized several times.
I don't doubt that it happens, and that it is a horrible thing when it does. I'm just upset that this is now the thing to do for people. There aren't many things that make me more angry than humans doing something stupid, selfish, and to make up for other bad decisions they've made. There are better ways to get what you want than to harm other people and property. But I'm preaching to the choir here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Bad stuff can happen no matter where you live. It's silly to think you are immune because of where you live.

Deleted member 1634

Bad stuff can happen no matter where you live. It's silly to think you are immune because of where you live.
Well of course bad things can happen anywhere. I would agree that anyone who doesn't believe that is delusional. Anything is possible. But every choice is about playing the odds. And the likelihood of someone coming into my driveway and stealing the taillights off my truck is about as low as it can be. Definitely much lower than it is for the majority of the population in this country. The only true way to be safe and secure is live in a bubble, do nothing, experience nothing, and have nothing.

And to be clear, I do lock my truck at night when I leave it outside, if I remember. But the point is I don't feel I need to. And I also have camera's in my driveway to catch and record any erroneous activity. But to date, the most exciting things I've captured in the years I've lived here have been the mail lady delivering packages, a wolf strolling through, and a fox killing a rabbit on my front stoop. My life is definitely more nature documentary than it is police procedural.

We all have different things to be worried about where we live. I'm more worried about four legged animals than two legged at this point.

Still from the wolf clip:
1594154267703.png

Last edited by a moderator:

El Renno

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Only exception is your third brake light. On the XLT, it is incandescent. On the Lariat, it is LED.

I still plan on replacing the FRONT turn signals on my Lariat with LED’s.

Sarge104

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
19 FR, 13 VB, 95 GS MH, 00 HE
Occupation
County Cemetery District, SAR volunteer
Only exception is your third brake light. On the XLT, it is incandescent. On the Lariat, it is LED.

I still plan on replacing the FRONT turn signals on my Lariat with LED’s.
Did both the clearance lights, mirrors and turn signals in mine. I've gotten used to the fast flash in the vehicle but it sometimes catches attention of the passengers. The turn signals still blink normally outside the cab, that is all I'm concerned with.

MyLittleRanger19

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Our HOA requires all cars and trucks at night are parked in a garage and the door is down. Reason is you cannot easily tell if someone is home or not, and hopefully the criminals will give up trying to guess and go elsewhere.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
holy crap... and i thought my HOA was bad. you cant even have a car in your driveway??? thats insane. what happens if you have friends over for drinks? are they supposed to drive home drunk so they dont leave a car in the driveway overnight?
Sponsored