First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Good looking truck.

Which rock sliders are you running, and how do you like them? I’m currently trying to decide if I should go with a set from Rocky-Road since their local or someone else.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Greywhale

Greywhale

First Name
Takoda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Looks good. How much payload capacity do you have left?
I estimate around 1000lbs. With the bumper, skids, sliders, bed rack/tent I've probably added about 550lbs. Though I have upgraded leaf springs, coils and suspension to offset the negative effects of the weight.

OP
OP
Greywhale

Greywhale

First Name
Takoda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Good looking truck.

Which rock sliders are you running, and how do you like them? I’m currently trying to decide if I should go with a set from Rocky-Road since their local or someone else.
Thanks!

I am actually running shrockworks sliders. I got them luckily right before they shut down and I love them. They have definitely held up on trails like Poison Spider and Elephant Hill. If I were to get sliders Now that they are closed, I would definitely go rocky road. They were my first choice, but at time of purchase, shrockworks had a faster lead time. I think the RR sliders would be a very solid choice.

Fritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XL
I estimate around 1000lbs. With the bumper, skids, sliders, bed rack/tent I've probably added about 550lbs. Though I have upgraded leaf springs, coils and suspension to offset the negative effects of the weight.
My truck came with an aluminum cross bed tool box and two flip out side boxes. With them full the weight of the truck without me is 5,000lb. Which leaves me 1,000 for payload.

It adds up quick.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Greywhale

Greywhale

First Name
Takoda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Added the rear this last weekend. Unfortunately the lower tubes are out of stock until May but, the bumper looks good anyway lol.
20230325_152400.jpg
20230325_151630.jpg

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Definitely a preference on the optional bars. For me I'm not too sure since the Ranger had plenty of clearance with the Old Man EMU lift.

OP
OP
Greywhale

Greywhale

First Name
Takoda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Definitely a preference on the optional bars. For me I'm not too sure since the Ranger had plenty of clearance with the Old Man EMU lift.
Yeah I ordered the tubed because even with the add a leaf and fox shocks I smack my bumper and panels every trail I run. I was going to get a bed cut rear bumper like the coastal, but that was too involved. I think the ARB tubes will provide the protection I need just fine.

Do you have the old man emu leaf pack? I'm thinking about swapping to a full leaf replacement instead of the add a leaf. I just have limited info on the 3.1 inch lift kit

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Yeah I ordered the tubed because even with the add a leaf and fox shocks I smack my bumper and panels every trail I run. I was going to get a bed cut rear bumper like the coastal, but that was too involved. I think the ARB tubes will provide the protection I need just fine.

Do you have the old man emu leaf pack? I'm thinking about swapping to a full leaf replacement instead of the add a leaf. I just have limited info on the 3.1 inch lift kit
When I had my Ranger yes I had the leaf packs. I can easily tell you more with the 3 different ones.

As you know there are 3 different leaf packs. The standard, medium and heavy load. All are designed to have a lift of 1.6 inches with a predetermined load. That load will depend on what you normally carry.

The standard leaf is meant for no load at lift height. When paired with the Old Man EMU front suspension (2.4 inches of lift) I found that roughly 780 LBS would level the truck out.

The medium leaf is meant to have a constant load of 660 LBS at lift height(1.6 still). It's possible an additional 780 LBS on top of the 660 LBS would level it out.

The heavy leaf is designed for a constant load of 1320 LBS at lift height(full on tourer that is heavily loaded).

For me I had the standard leafs. I had a plan to go bigger, but never got to do so.

Hope that helps out

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
When I had my Ranger yes I had the leaf packs. I can easily tell you more with the 3 different ones.

As you know there are 3 different leaf packs. The standard, medium and heavy load. All are designed to have a lift of 1.6 inches with a predetermined load. That load will depend on what you normally carry.

The standard leaf is meant for no load at lift height. When paired with the Old Man EMU front suspension (2.4 inches of lift) I found that roughly 780 LBS would level the truck out.

The medium leaf is meant to have a constant load of 660 LBS at lift height(1.6 still). It's possible an additional 780 LBS on top of the 660 LBS would level it out.

The heavy leaf is designed for a constant load of 1320 LBS at lift height(full on tourer that is heavily loaded).

For me I had the standard leafs. I had a plan to go bigger, but never got to do so.

Hope that helps out
I've got the medium duty pack, with Decked, GFC, and a rear bumper with swingout. Perfect combo. Ride quality is astoundingly good (BP-51 too), plenty of clearance below the rear bumper, and the truck retains the appropriate rake, even when fully loaded.

OP
OP
Greywhale

Greywhale

First Name
Takoda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Awesome! Thanks guys for the info. It looks like I'll need the medium pack.
Sponsored