Pulled the trigger on ARB

Greywhale

First Name
Takoda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Ordered my summer fun mods. Finally decided to go with the ARB summit front and rear bumpers as well as the SPD downpipe coupled with the magnaflow overland catback. I will say, I am 110% satisfied with my choice. I wasn't sure about the ARB based on internet pics, but it looks amazing! More pics to follow once the rear gets shipped and installed.

P.S the SPD/magnaflow overland combination is absolutely perfect.

20230313_221303.jpg

20230314_080754.jpg

20230314_171435.jpg

20230314_171441.jpg
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Ordered my summer fun mods. Finally decided to go with the ARB summit front and rear bumpers as well as the SPD downpipe coupled with the magnaflow overland catback. I will say, I am 110% satisfied with my choice. I wasn't sure about the ARB based on internet pics, but it looks amazing! More pics to follow once the rear gets shipped and installed.

P.S the SPD/magnaflow overland combination is absolutely perfect.

20230313_221303.jpg

20230314_080754.jpg

20230314_171435.jpg

20230314_171441.jpg
nice! arb makes good stuff you will enjoy the mods.

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus 4runner
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. Any idea as to how much that front bumper weighs? I currently have the hidden winch mount but definitely like that bumper.

OP
OP
Greywhale

Greywhale

First Name
Takoda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Nice. Any idea as to how much that front bumper weighs? I currently have the hidden winch mount but definitely like that bumper.
I was unable to weigh it, but it seems the estimates around the web are about 180lbs w/o winch, add my 80lbs winch and It would be at 260 total. Though it didn't feel that heavy when lifting, it sounds accurate. Stock bumper is 45ish lbs but I had the shrockworks installed so I lost probably 65 there. All in all you gain about an est. 200lbs with a winch and I don't feel the effects at all. My front end didnt sag with the 2.5 suspension but after talking with fox, they recommended I go up from the 550s my shocks came with and go to a 600. But those are cheap. I think my truck even got faster ?

Crow_of_judgement

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 ranger screw lariat
Occupation
Parks and recreation maintenance
Sharp bumper, are they still airbag conpliant and kangaroo proof?

Am i crazy or is the snorkel backwards?

OP
OP
Greywhale

Greywhale

First Name
Takoda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Sharp bumper, are they still airbag conpliant and kangaroo proof?

Am i crazy or is the snorkel backwards?
Yes, yes and yes. They are still crash rated and should hold up against a kangaroo or in my case deer. Though if I hit a deer it won't get up and try to box me lol.

The snorkel in reversed to reduce the amount of snow/salt/rain that get sucked in. And from what I can tell and read, there's no downside to it.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I was unable to weigh it, but it seems the estimates around the web are about 180lbs w/o winch, add my 80lbs winch and It would be at 260 total. Though it didn't feel that heavy when lifting, it sounds accurate. Stock bumper is 45ish lbs but I had the shrockworks installed so I lost probably 65 there. All in all you gain about an est. 200lbs with a winch and I don't feel the effects at all. My front end didnt sag with the 2.5 suspension but after talking with fox, they recommended I go up from the 550s my shocks came with and go to a 600. But those are cheap. I think my truck even got faster ?
The fact that you got support from Fox and yet when i asked them the same thing they didnt have an answer....

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes, yes and yes. They are still crash rated and should hold up against a kangaroo or in my case deer. Though if I hit a deer it won't get up and try to box me lol.

The snorkel in reversed to reduce the amount of snow/salt/rain that get sucked in. And from what I can tell and read, there's no downside to it.
The snorkel is already designed to eject water. You should ve fine with it pointed forward. If you are truly concerned I would recommend getting a sock for the head qhen you go in the dusty conditions.

OP
OP
Greywhale

Greywhale

First Name
Takoda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
The snorkel is already designed to eject water. You should ve fine with it pointed forward. If you are truly concerned I would recommend getting a sock for the head qhen you go in the dusty conditions.
I thought about a sock, but I'm not sure how it'd look. As I'm all about 50/50 asthetic/function haha.

As for the fox customer support, I'd say it just completely depends on who you end up talking to over there. I've usually had good luck with them.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I thought about a sock, but I'm not sure how it'd look. As I'm all about 50/50 asthetic/function haha.

As for the fox customer support, I'd say it just completely depends on who you end up talking to over there. I've usually had good luck with them.
The sock would only be in very dusty conditions. When its not a problem yoy can leave it off.

OP
OP
Greywhale

Greywhale

First Name
Takoda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
The sock would only be in very dusty conditions. When its not a problem yoy can leave it off.
Yeah that may be something to look into.

Fritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XL
Looks good. How much payload capacity do you have left?
Sponsored