PSA For you folks that are removing / modifying the crash bars to install bigger tires.....

M SPEC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 05 &10 Subaru STI, 911, LC +2
Occupation
ER Nurse/Nursing Instructor Retired
With the exception of posting my fun video above I'm staying out of this discussion at this point on account of 0 new information regarding the validity of Ranger forward intrusion beams.

RP, I reinstalled the passenger side ones so we can start going out for White Claws again.
I just posed here about this issue. Did you actually reinstall the crash bar or is this simply, as I presume, "tongue in cheek". If you did do it or know someone who did do you need to remove fender to do so. I apologize for my ignorance on this issue. I'm new to Rangers, not new to building cars.
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I just became aware of this issue because of this forum, so first off THANKS. I recently purchased a used 2021 Tremor from my dealership. While painting my brake calipers (actually my wife has always been our brake caliper painter) I noticed the square tube ending with just a bolt through it and didn't think much about it at the time...until now! Obviously the previously owner removed the crash bars in order to fit the 1" (approximately) wheel spacers which brings me to my two questions. Can the bars be replaced without removing fenders ( I saw in the instructions for the aftermarket one you cut the bars to remove them...so my guess is no not an easy replacement job. Question two: do the 1" spacers on stock wheels and tires necessitate the removal of the bars or is this a case of overkill?
I would appreciate any input members have on this issue......Thanks!
Hi Joe...yes, you can replace the bars without removing fenders...that is how mine were removed as I described in my build thread...as to spacers, most likely the bars were removed for clearance...I was not able to find any way to keep the bars in place while allowing full articulation (turning and suspension travel) without removing them...as for safety, I'm not aware of any PSA from Ford or actual proof testing with and without bars post crash...also, there's also no proof testing by 3rd party producers of after market bars designed to provide extra tire clearance...but if it matter to any one here, I've been saying that Ford's F150 Raptor deleted the bars for tire clearance...

M SPEC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi Joe...yes, you can replace the bars without removing fenders...that is how mine were removed as I described in my build thread...as to spacers, most likely the bars were removed for clearance...I was not able to find any way to keep the bars in place while allowing full articulation (turning and suspension travel) without removing them...as for safety, I'm not aware of any PSA from Ford or actual proof testing with and without bars post crash...also, there's also no proof testing by 3rd party producers of after market bars designed to provide extra tire clearance...but if it matter to any one here, I've been saying that Ford's F150 Raptor deleted the bars for tire clearance...
Hey Sid, Thanks. I'm surprised that a 1" spacer would require removal but as you know I'm new to Rangers.
FYI I'm headed for Grand Junction CO next month...want to go??? :cool: Oh that's right I'm retired and your not... Na Nana Na Na

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Sid, Thanks. I'm surprised that a 1" spacer would require removal but as you know I'm new to Rangers.
FYI I'm headed for Grand Junction CO next month...want to go??? :cool: Oh that's right I'm retired and your not... Na Nana Na Na
You're killin me dude... ?

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
retirement is great!!! I highly recommend it!

M SPEC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retirement is great!!! I highly recommend it!
Hey Bob, How are things in St Louis...my wife and I call KC home. We are in SC now due to her family needs, but we surely do miss KC. We both would move back in a heartbeat if we could!

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Hey Bob, How are things in St Louis...my wife and I call KC home. We are in SC now due to her family needs, but we surely do miss KC. We both would move back in a heartbeat if we could!
All good. We both are from the area, and as much as I would gladly move South or West, we will be here.
Sponsored