First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lexus GX470
Occupation
Retired Air Traffic Controller
Just text a friend up there and he told me about it, hope all are safe and not too much damage

OP
OP
IdahoRanger

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Haven't heard of any damage yet. It was in the mountains between Stanley, Cascade and Challis. Aftershocks not too bad.

OP
OP
IdahoRanger

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
They don't scare me, kind of exciting. I have been through a lot 7 or more on the Richter scale quakes.

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
This is the only quake I can remember, 12 years old, watching Saturday morning cartoons when it hit. My older brother was upstairs when my Dad who always assumed we were guilty of something yelled at my brother that he was trying to tear the house down. He then realized it was an earthquake and had us all run outside as did all the neighbors. I have been through a couple of other quakes but was driving and did not feel them.

The 1968 Illinois earthquake (or "New Madrid event")[4] was the largest recorded earthquake in the U.S. Midwestern state of Illinois. Striking at 11:02 a.m. on November 9, it measured 5.4 on the Richter scale.[1] Although there were no fatalities, the event caused considerable structural damage to buildings, including the toppling of chimneys, and shaking in the region's largest city Chicago. The earthquake was one of the most widely felt in U.S. history, affecting 23 states over an area of 580,000 square miles (1,500,000 km2). In studying its cause, scientists discovered the Cottage Grove Fault in the Southern Illinois Basin.

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
We had a 5.7 in Salt Lake City on March 18th. It was the strongest on record here. We've also had nearly 700 aftershocks since daily.

Have some pretty significant cracks in the basement shop floor:

IMG_6937.JPG
IMG_6936.JPG

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Evidently they can happen almost anywhere. We had one a few years ago when I lived in North Texas. It sounded and felt like something big hit the house with a distinctive thud.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
The Northridge earthquake in 1994, Woke me out of a dead sleep. Now i know what it means to be in a mobile home. When i got to work later that day, there was a 5.8 after shock and we could see waves of movement in the concrete warehouse floor. I would not have believed it, if I hadn't seen it.

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2
Evidently they can happen almost anywhere. We had one a few years ago when I lived in North Texas. It sounded and felt like something big hit the house with a distinctive thud.
I remember that. I work in Addison and we felt it at our 5th floor office.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I went through the Whittier-Narrows Quake back in '87 and a bunch more the followed in the years afterward up through the 1990 Upland quake (I moved to MI that summer). SoCal was pretty rockin' in the mid to late 80's.
Sponsored