Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

High winds today and when we went to feed Tito outside...he wanted nothing to do with food in the wind gusts to 35mph... So he headed back to inside the house until I brought the plate of kale inside where he ate about half a plate. Here are some pictures of a unhappy tortoise wanting back in the house...
indoor.jpg

indoor1.jpg
indoor2.jpg

Sheesh...I put down the plate of kale and he ate about half a plate...a bit less than normal, but okay.

Best,
Phil
Sponsored

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
hahaha , he's climbing his behind right back inside ! ..that middle picture looks like he was strugglin a bit...
He looked high centered on his skid plates. Good thing he has 4 leg independent suspension and all foot drive.

OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
hahaha , he's climbing his behind right back inside ! ..that middle picture looks like he was strugglin a bit...
Hi NB,

His front legs are so strong he can pull himself up until his back leg can catch the aluminum tract and then he is in the house. Tortoise use their bottom part of the shell as a slider when rock climbing etc. Amazing creatures.... He is currently camped out in the middle of Margie's computer desk out in the open...sign of a contented Tortoise that is not fearful of having to protect itself..

Best,
Phil

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Hi NB,

His front legs are so strong he can pull himself up until his back leg can catch the aluminum tract and then he is in the house. Tortoise use their bottom part of the shell as a slider when rock climbing etc. Amazing creatures.... He is currently camped out in the middle of Margie's computer desk out in the open...sign of a contented Tortoise that is not fearful of having to protect itself..

Best,
Phil
well thats pretty damn awsome , he's a pet and KNOWS it , never really knew they wanted that , how old you figure Mr. Tito is ?

OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
A Kale diet? That tortoise is going to live forever.
Hi Langley,

Kale is a good diet...should have more but Tito was raised on Kale. One thing...Never feed a tortoise lettuces...any kind of lettuces... It offers zero nutrition for a Tortoise. Folks want to bring Tito a present of some treat and I tell them..bring weeds from your yard...They are amazed...Kale is a good start, but brumuda grass is the perfect food, but Tito only eats it when still hungry and outside...we have a 3ft by 6 ft patch of it....So far this year..he wants to be inside with us... He is showing his personality as he is very stubborn. The experts say reptiles are devoid of personality...well many be rattlesnakes etc...but Tortoise are very smart an do have a personality... They are such a unique and fun pet!

Best,
Phil

OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
well thats pretty damn awsome , he's a pet and KNOWS it , never really knew they wanted that , how old you figure Mr. Tito is ?
Hi NB,

Tito was hatched in September of 2007, so he is 14 years old. Life expectancy is between 80 to 100 years.

Best,
Phil

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Hi NB,

Tito was hatched in September of 2007, so he is 14 years old. Life expectancy is between 80 to 100 years.

Best,
Phil
OK, I suck at math , but I see Tito and his summo wrestler legs carrying him well beyond 2100 , his adventures MUST somehow be captured , AND made available to members of this forum, or at least me...

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
OK, I suck at math , but I see Tito and his summo wrestler legs carrying him well beyond 2100 , his adventures MUST somehow be captured , AND made available to members of this forum, or at least me...
I agree.

At a minimum Tito deserves his own thread here. Maybe a Twitter account even?

I think a Ranger5g sticker featuring Tito would be great also. I don't do stickers on my vehicles, but I'd wear one of those.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I agree.

At a minimum Tito deserves his own thread here. Maybe a Twitter account even?

I think a Ranger5g sticker featuring Tito would be great also. I don't do stickers on my vehicles, but I'd wear one of those.

Something like this, Only Tito colors and our little EcoBoost on top!
hot-rod-turtle-vector-600w-1472663639.jpg

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Hi NB,

Best,
Phil
So , Mr. T just has free reign in the house ? he's in the kitchen , there he goes down the hallway , get up at nite to pee and stub your toe on him ? Or is he "restricted" ?
Sponsored