OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Jeff,
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I'm on a fast now and am praying for a miraculous recovery for you with God's help and blessings, also strength for your wife.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I hate to say it but I was diagnosed with stage 4 kidney cancer in Sept & had Kidney & tumor removed. It's still rapidly moving throughout my body. Immunotherapy doesn't seem to be working. I also Have COPD & other issues and it pains me to say I've been placed on hospice. Please keep my lovely wife of 45 years as well as the rest of family in your thoughts and prayers. This has been an awesome forum to visit for last few years, so I want offer my prayers & best wishes to its's members. Y'all take care of yourselves and Please put God and Family first. Tell them you love them every chance get.
Blessings !

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I'm no doctor and don't know details but I know at least two people that have survived stage 4 cancer and doctoring them that time was short. Both are hard fighters and heavy prayers. I feel like it's never time until God says so. Either way got you in my prayers Jeff

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Jeff, as a healthcare worker, I do understand the seriousness of your situation, but also as a health care worker, I've seen some amazing recoveries, when everyone else apart from the patient, had lost hope. Don't loose hope, that's the one thing that no one can take from you. I'm not much of a religious person but but what prayers and positive thoughts I can give, you have. And I'm sure the rest of the forum feel the same way.
God bless
Cam

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Jeff, as a healthcare worker, I do understand the seriousness of your situation, but also as a health care worker, I've seen some amazing recoveries, when everyone else apart from the patient, had lost hope. Don't loose hope, that's the one thing that no one can take from you. I'm not much of a religious person but but what prayers and positive thoughts I can give, you have. And I'm sure the rest of the forum feel the same way.
God bless
Cam
i dont think anyone in this thread will disagree with a message of hope and positive thoughts :like:

ParkerAzJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ranger 2019 Ranger
I'd like to send a "Thank You" note to those have responded to my news I posted Monday. Your Prayers and positive thoughts & well wishes mean the world to me and I'll carry them with me until the end. I'll admit Us Humans can be selfish especially in times like this. Fortunately I have a Personal relationship with God that allows me some time to deal with the situation. Yes I'm going through selfish stage, but have realized God has a plan for me & I'm not going to let it bring me down. I choose to stay as positive because I KNOW that I'll be able be with God and Jesus soon. It actually excites me. I know my family has these same thoughts and it's helped us dealing with it.
Thanks again
Jeff

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I'd like to send a "Thank You" note to those have responded to my news I posted Monday. Your Prayers and positive thoughts & well wishes mean the world to me and I'll carry them with me until the end. I'll admit Us Humans can be selfish especially in times like this. Fortunately I have a Personal relationship with God that allows me some time to deal with the situation. Yes I'm going through selfish stage, but have realized God has a plan for me & I'm not going to let it bring me down. I choose to stay as positive because I KNOW that I'll be able be with God and Jesus soon. It actually excites me. I know my family has these same thoughts and it's helped us dealing with it.
Thanks again
Jeff
how are you Jeff?

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
Remember what we celebrate today! It is EASTER. and Jesus Christ has risen! The promise of eternal life through and with Christ is ours.

I received a call last night from a dear friend. These folks were life long friends of my parents and now live 25 hours drive time away from me. They have lived long lives, the last of the greatest generation. He fought in the Pacific campaigns of WWII, and came back physically unharmed, but most of his comrades died in the battles as they island hopped to victory. Last week he mentioned that he still does not know why God spared him while taking everyone around him in that war.

This generation is fiercely independent. He just celebrated his 101st birthday. For the last year he has been in a health care facility 20 miles from her. She is 92 and still driving! She has no support staff around her other than a few relatives that are also in need of medical care. We talk 2-3 times a week.

Last night she called to tell us her 70 year old son had died. And that when she awoke from a mid day nap to find her dog of 10 years, "Queenie", had died peacefully in her sleep beside her chair at her feet. She is now all alone, sitting in her home thinking it is time to break out the shovel.

It is heartbreaking to watch it unfold, yet it happens to us all.

But there is hope in Jesus Christ! She is a saint. She knows that in this world there will be broken hearts and broken bones, accompanied by the bittersweet sadness that comes with it all. But this isn't the end. It is just the beginning.

Simon Peter was martyred in Rome. But it is believed that his wife went just before him. He urged her onward with the knowledge that today they would be with Jesus in Paradise. This is a man who witnessed it all. Who cut off a Roman soldier's ear to protect Christ, and 3 days later within earshot of Christ, denied he ever knew him! The Gospels report that Christ turned to him at that moment, and met his eyes. "And Peter wept bitter tears."

But three days later he saw Christ arise from the grave, and for the next 40 days he was with Christ on multiple occasions, and finally watched him ascend into heaven!

We should love, comfort, and pray for each other. But we should also rejoice when we have run the good race, fought the good fight, and move on to be in the light of God.

In the last 2 years I have mourned the loss of a mother, and a sister. The heartache is real, but there is a calm assurance mixed in those feelings as well.

I am praying. More and more each day. I am seeking God. More and more each day.

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” - Isaiah 41:10

And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” - Revelation 21:4

Happy Easter to all!

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Thanks again
Jeff
Jeff, I’m sorry I missed this. God bless you and your family. Knowing Jesus has gone ahead of us gives us something wonderful to look forward to. In the meantime, If it be God’s will, praying for total healing for you.
Love and best wishes.❤

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
So Mom is sick and not eating, I am sick also but not bad. More stressed about her than anything. Thank you in advance for any prayers and positive thoughts.
Mark, sorry you and your mother are sick. I will pray for you both. Hopefully, she will be able to eat once she feels better. God bless you both.❤

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Mark, sorry you and your mother are sick. I will pray for you both. Hopefully, she will be able to eat once she feels better. God bless you both.❤
thank you tracy you are the best!
Sponsored