Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat 2wd
Occupation
RN
Greetings!

After following your shenanigans for the past year or so I decided to buy a Ranger. I had to wait for the aftermarket to prove availability for what I wanted to do to my truck. Thank you all for your contributions! Im very much a car guy and this is vehicle 92 for me. I grew up in the car industry, but am now a medical professional. I reside in the mountains of Georgia.

Forgive the potato pic. I arrived late to the dealership and they were closing just as I was leaving with it so I took a quick snap. I went a 2wd Lariat, but got the elocker due to snow and ice here. I went 2wd as of from what Belltech told me they will be offering the kit initially only as 2wd applicable. BTW I called them yesterday and they told me to expect the kit to release nearer to end of this year. My favorite truck I ever owned was a 2003 Lightning, but I am not able to have it anymore due to my 2 young kids. To me this truck is the closest thing to it and be more usable. The current f150 feels like a tank in size to me and not very sporty feeling. Please dont say you could have gotten an old HD truck because that thing is just too ugly.

The truck I bought is a 2wd Lariat FX2 for locker, hitch, tinted windows and bed liner. Also some electronic gizmo crap that was on the truck that I wouldn't have ordered myself. I would have preferred an lsd like the old traction lok. All told pretax it was low 36k after negotiations. Yes I will be modding it :p I haven't owned a stock vehicle for very long and I have never kept a vehicle stock. I have already started ordering parts. Current plans are tune, cat back exhaust, catted downpipe, raptor style grill, lowered, blacked out emblems and lower profile wider tires. I will probably wait on the tires until after I install the lowering kit.

The quickest thing I had was a Mustang that ran 10.2@134, the fastest thing was an rx7 that went verified over 188 and the craziest thing was a 1990 300zx that i swapped an RB32 into, all were built by myself. I was lucky to have the father I did that was willing to teach and instill a love for cars and racing. Oh besides being an early scene regular at Fun Ford weekends street renegade class I raced go karts, MX and a bit of scca in an sti. I can also turn wrenches, weld, paint and fair to middling use a plasma cutter.

Besides that I love where I live. I mtb quite regularly and send the gnar on an Evil Calling, I dont do candle light dinners or walks on the beach. I am also facetious. I feel I had to tell a little about myself as I have come to know many of you somewhat after following your stories, tribulations and the many changes to your vehicles over the past year or so. Thank you for all you do and have done. This bank of resources and experience allowed me to fairly closely build something similar to an all time favorite vehicle my old Lightning. Forgive the wall of text this post has been a long time coming. I can usually manage a post with more brevity.

Regards,

Sean

TLDR: bought a 21 Ranger, gonna murder it black, lower it, make it go vroom more and pretend it is my old Lightning

My Ranger.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I'm at the other end with a raised 4x4, but I really miss performance vehicles and would love to have a lowered, 2-wheel fast truck. Looking forward to the build :)

speedczar

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Trucker
Well sounds like you know what to do and what you have gotten yourself into. My money pit is 4wd, with still a lot mods to go.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Welcome to the smoking credit card department, nice looking truck.

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
I’d love to see a dropped Ranger. I used to work with a guy that had a dropped S10/Sonoma and it was super sweet. Pretty sure he stuck a LS in it later on and then blew the shit out of the trans.

dropped Tacos kind tickle my fancy too.

take lots of pics of this build!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Greetings!

After following your shenanigans for the past year or so I decided to buy a Ranger. I had to wait for the aftermarket to prove availability for what I wanted to do to my truck. Thank you all for your contributions! Im very much a car guy and this is vehicle 92 for me. I grew up in the car industry, but am now a medical professional. I reside in the mountains of Georgia....
Sean,

Welcome. It’s sounds like you have a great plan for this truck. I can’t wait to see a lowered Ranger with a Raptor style grille. How cool is that?

So, I guess you won’t be asking...”Bro, can I put on 305s and negative offset wheels and no lift without rubbing?”

Create a build thread so we can follow the fun.
Sponsored