Pet Peeves

swampchomp07

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Mine as well, which is why the statement has me curious.

I actually prefer this because not everyone wants a horn honk when they lock the doors. If I'm not sure whether or not the doors got locked and I want an audible verification, I can press the button again. Personally though, I wouldn't want it to honk every time I press the button.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
On XLTs the horn honks if you push the lock button twice quickly. But not after the first push. At least in my experience.
And if you double push the lock button and hear a double honk, you have a door that is not closed completely

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Really makes you wonder how someone with the stature of Danny DeVito would get in there :devil:
No kidding! I'm 5'9" and 190lbs. They pretty much design every vehicle in North America to fit me. I know I'm not as young as I used to be either, but FFS, it shouldn't be this difficult. I either need to lower the rear (looks like new springs are the only option) or figure out a bumper step. If either of those happen I'll be a happy camper.

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
On XLTs the horn honks if you push the lock button twice quickly. But not after the first push. At least in my experience.
I guess we all have are likes but I hate a honk when I lock the door. My companies ramcity van does this when you lock it I find it very irritating

Deleted member 1634

I guess we all have are likes but I hate a honk when I lock the door. My companies ramcity van does this when you lock it I find it very irritating
Agreed, which is why I like that it doesn't honk (or beep) when you lock the door. But if you're not sure then just double push and you'll find out if it's locked or not. Or you could just wait until you get far away and lock it from the phone app. That way you don't have to hear anything. haha

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Pulling the door handle two times to get out of my truck.

I guess if the door is locked you pull once to unlock it and a second time to open the door. Either that or I screwed up reinstalling my door latch when installing the auto window down module. I can't remember how it was before that. :crackup:
Actually you don't need to pull it twice to unlock and open. Just wrap your hand around the handle, give it a microsecond (you'll hear it unlock) and then pull ...all in one motion ;)

Tangent

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XL Ranger 4x4 Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
Now that the cold weather has finally arrived and the temperature at noon is a balmy 31 degrees, I've noticed how fucking weak my climate control is. Kinda to be expected on a stripped out XL, but basically you can't split the source because its all powered by 1 fan. If you split between say, defrost and floor, even at full blast, you lose so much to turbulence, that its got the force of an asthmatic12 year old coughing on you.

My Crosstrek was pretty much only on defrost/floor heat all the time and worked amazingly well, so something I'm going to have to adjust to.

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Now that the cold weather has finally arrived and the temperature at noon is a balmy 31 degrees, I've noticed how fucking weak my climate control is. Kinda to be expected on a stripped out XL, but basically you can't split the source because its all powered by 1 fan. If you split between say, defrost and floor, even at full blast, you lose so much to turbulence, that its got the force of an asthmatic12 year old coughing on you.

My Crosstrek was pretty much only on defrost/floor heat all the time and worked amazingly well, so something I'm going to have to adjust to.
Mine works fine with floor/defrost the couple of times I've used I run my fan 2-3 notches up. I haven't really checked for air flow, but I was comfortable and window stayed cleared when we were in the teens.

stangertwc

First Name
Thad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX | 2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
Vehicle Showcase
The seat belt retraction (or lack there of). This is not limited to just the Ranger I’ve encountered with a few of my Ford cars. I’m a Ford fanboy but it drives me nuts that the seat belt is always rattling against the door. Between that and Ford announcing they’re calling their 4-door Electric CUV a Mustang I swear they’re testing my patience on purpose! o_O

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
The seat belt retraction (or lack there of). This is not limited to just the Ranger I’ve encountered with a few of my Ford cars. I’m a Ford fanboy but it drives me nuts that the seat belt is always rattling against the door. Between that and Ford announcing they’re calling their 4-door Electric CUV a Mustang I swear they’re testing my patience on purpose! o_O
I've had that happen in my Ranger and my previous F-150s. I've found it has more to do with the position of the seat back not allowing the passenger seatbelt to straighten out fully more than anything else. If my wife didn't leave her seat so far back, it wouldn't do that...but yeah well... :lipssealed:

Anyway, I just reach over and straighten it and the problem goes away instantly.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone mentioned the task lights on XLT? They're not very directional and light up everything at night...and the glare is annoying...not very discrete for dining at night:facepalm:

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Has anyone mentioned the task lights on XLT? They're not very directional and light up everything at night...and the glare is annoying...not very discrete for dining at night:facepalm:
Dining at night while driving can be very distracting and dangerous. ;)

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Dining at night while driving can be very distracting and dangerous. ;)
Haven't tried driving while eating and having the blinding task lights on yet...should be fun:LOL:
Sponsored